aaa Tell me 'bout MC300 and roland synth w/ knobs - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Tell me 'bout MC300 and roland synth w/ knobs

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             09-Jan-98  @  02:03 AM   -   Tell me 'bout MC300 and roland synth w/ knobs

ratfink

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Is the MC300 a good sequencer? I can get a used one for about $200US, used...is this a fair price? Can anyone tell me about features etc. ( i didn't see too much in the hw sequencer page)? also i saw a couple of old roland synths with knobs (i don't know what models) but are there any rolands that fit the above description to stay clear off? what i mean is: does it necessarily follow that roland with knobs=cool synth? They cost about $500US (used) I even saw an old arp string thing...good thing about living in a third world country is music store don't know what thwey have on their hands...thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             13-Jan-98  @  02:26 AM   -   RE: Tell me 'bout MC300 and roland synth w/ knobs

ratfink

hey ...i'm talkin' to you...

Message 3/7             13-Jan-98  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: Tell me 'bout MC300 and roland synth w/ knobs

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Roland made some home keyboards with knobs, and even those were cool (basically Juno 106's w/ speakers). You couldn't go wrong.

Message 4/7             23-Jan-98  @  02:32 AM   -   RE: Tell me 'bout MC300 and roland synth w/ knobs

mischa

it's a great machine which i really like, only problem
is you really can't add or save new instruments or sound
effects, but if you can live with about 400 instruments
and 10 or so drum kitts its a great machine, you can
however edit the soudns quite dramatically but you can't
save them as new instruments, you can only save the
modifications in your patterns.

on the whole i really like it, and 200 US is an exceptional price. buy it! mine cost $1295 NZ dollars
which i guess it about 600-700US..

Message 5/7             23-Jan-98  @  09:46 AM   -   RE: Tell me 'bout MC300 and roland synth w/ knobs

kilo

what is the "it", that you are refering to ??....what model ?

Message 6/7             24-Jan-98  @  01:48 AM   -   RE: Tell me 'bout MC300 and roland synth w/ knobs

ratfink

"I" am referring to the Roland MC300 sequencer NOT the Roland MC303. It's second-hand....and w/ the current financial crisis here it costs 'bout $200US. mischa@strip.net.nz must be referring to the MC303 right? (400 insttruments and 10 drumkits)

The synths i was talking about earlier cost 'bout $500US each here, there are two of them, old rolands with knobs...they look very collectible...

Message 7/7             26-Jan-98  @  09:50 AM   -   RE: Tell me 'bout MC300 and roland synth w/ knobs

kilo

yeah....but what is the names/models.....

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)