aaa Terratec mainboard bug - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Terratec mainboard bug

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             11-Jan-98  @  12:45 PM   -   Terratec mainboard bug

m1403005

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I found out some real nasty bug regarding the
terratec soundcards (32/96 and ews64). If they are installed in a fast mainboard with a TX-chipset (necessary if you want u-dma acces to your harddrive), your system chrashes all the time. My supplier said this is a known problem, and i was wondering if anybody had the same problem.... Is there a hardware or software patch for this?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             12-Jan-98  @  04:40 AM   -   RE: Terratec mainboard bug

patrickr

I had the same problem, and they could'nt work it out
for me, so I gave it back, and got a Gina. I have not
had one crash with it.

Message 3/8             12-Jan-98  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: Terratec mainboard bug

there was a prob in the past with maestro & ABIT motherboards, there is a fix for ths.... there was a fault with ews & early VX chipsets.... that was a m'baord fault..... there has been no reported faults from the registered users......... according to the company....

Message 4/8             12-Jan-98  @  01:01 PM   -   RE: Terratec mainboard bug

acid cat

yeah,the TX chipset is notorious for incompatibility problems in the video capture board/ sound card arena (I've worked in pc manufacture for the past two years). We had a lot of problems with AWE64 (used 2 X interupts) and the korg1212; depending on the perseverence/talent of our computer tech's we could often solve the problems with bios revisions from the motherboard manufacturer (we usually use ASUS motherboards, and as an ASUS distributer we typically recieve favorable and prompt responses-bios upgrades are usually monthly). Many non-INTEL approved motherboard brands do not upgrade or revise their motherboard bios's so the orginal TX bugs remain (ASUS, INTEL, and Tyan ( i think) are usually pretty good brands of motherboards to use)
I haven't tested an EWS64XL; a lot of PC dealers are lazy arses and are unwilling to pursue incompatibility problems for one-off special purpose computers.

If you can hook up with a decent PC builder (ie one that uses decent components-especially an Intel approved motherboard), maybe you could get them to test it out for you? You could BS a little and tell the dealer that you are interested in purchasing a PC from them, if the system works with your sound card.. Worth a try..we have done a lot of that sort of thing for customers.

Could be that you'll need to swap your motherboard, but that's better than keeping the teratec card in the closet..

Message 5/8             27-Jan-98  @  08:05 PM   -   RE: Terratec mainboard bug

The VAX

Hey Guys try using a TEKRAM mother Board
IT WORKS !!!!!!!!!

Message 6/8             16-Feb-98  @  06:50 PM   -   EWS64XL-Digital Control Won´t install properly!!

nicklas

Hi!
When I try to install my new Terratec EWS64XL, the Digital Control get an exclamationmark on it, and the card doesn´t work!
Does anyone have a clue??
I will be most grateful for an answer!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks
Nicklas

Message 7/8             21-Feb-98  @  06:17 AM   -   RE: Terratec mainboard bug

chaz10-6

Dude, what the fuck did you buy that piece of shit terratech card for??????? This is the lamest fucking card on the market. My friend had one and took that crap right back to where he got it from. We waited 6 month for the edison sample editor and it's still not out. These people at terratech are so full of shit it aint even funny. Do yourself a favor and get rid of it like it's the plauge (or) a annoying ex-girlfriend, dump the bitch!!!!!!!

Message 8/8             23-Feb-98  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: Terratec mainboard bug

kilo

yeah yeah right mate,........ along the lines of... "My friend says Jimmy's a cunt.... cos he says Jimmy did such and such....etc etc.."...... so what did your 'friend' buy instead...... Don't tell me....an awe-64 ?.....

Still, tell me something....... what 4 out and s/pdif card can you get at this price ?? (400 in the UK).... What other card d'you know that has drivers that can allow multiple programmes to output audio to the card ??...... with a 4mb synth as well and up to 64 mb sample ram??....with 2 programmes out there to load samples, until edison arrives........ er......... the sampler if you ask me is an added bonus....... and why is the CARD lame......just cos the software to sample direct to ram is delayed ??....... go and buy some trainers or something and shut the fuck up......

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)