aaa Making Waves cuts off samples - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Making Waves cuts off samples

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             14-Jan-98  @  05:03 AM   -   Making Waves cuts off samples

pmeehan

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Has anyone noticed in Making Waves that if you are using say a snare with a long decay and its on every 4th note on a channel at 1/16th note resolution, as soon as the second snare hit starts on the 4th note, the snare playing back at the first note is cutoff?

I wonder is this a limitation of Making Waves or is there a way around it?

It seriously prohibits releastic use of fast patterns of snares with long decay/reverb.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             14-Jan-98  @  07:10 AM   -   RE: Making Waves cuts off samples

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Easy fixed, all you gotta do is go to the note length column and scroll it down so the bar becomes a note bar. Now you can set any note length you want (in fact I love to have snare parts side by side, one with a natural decay, and one cutting off, switching between the two).

BTW, very soon Making Waves is going to support midi in and varying note lengths within a bar. Excellent program.

Message 3/10             14-Jan-98  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: Making Waves cuts off samples

kilo

thats the same as using any sampler or sample player..... if you retrigger the same sample, it obviously cant continue to play it's own decay, cos you just asked it to start at the beginning again

Message 4/10             14-Jan-98  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: Making Waves cuts off samples

Hilevelt

uh, Kilo, I'm sure you know better, but a sampler can be set to work either way, and so can Making Waves.

Message 5/10             15-Jan-98  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: Making Waves cuts off samples

pmeehan

That's what I thought,
there is no reason a sample sequencer, wether hardware or software, could not be reading data from the beginning and the end of a sample at the same time. Samples are stored im memory and you can read from anywhere in memory at any time.

pmeehan

Message 6/10             15-Jan-98  @  02:22 AM   -   RE: Making Waves cuts off samples

ratfink

so pmeehan: did you get a regged copy yet or is that still the demo? i find that setting the note value to the "cut off" setting is good for doing synthetic sounding "ratatatat" snare fills, also by combining several snare samples with different velocity levels and cut off settings, you can do fairly realistic acoustic snare flams

Message 7/10             15-Jan-98  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: Making Waves cuts off samples

kilo

sorry, i was on about monophonic outputs.......bit knackered there.....

Message 8/10             15-Jan-98  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: Making Waves cuts off samples

pmeehan

Ratfink,

registered. Guess I didn't give it a chance.Playing around with the note editor last night resulted in some very tasty snare breaks

paul.

Message 9/10             16-Jan-98  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: Making Waves cuts off samples

Avene

I actually like cut off notes, sounds tighter. I don't know how it is at fast tempi but.

Message 10/10             03-Feb-98  @  04:28 PM   -   Loading .wavs to Sampler

design_group8_temp

can anyone help explain how to load .wavs into protools 2? i actually want to load them into my Roland S760. or Cubase Audio on my Mac Quadra 950. Or what? help.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)