aaa SouNDcaRD miDI PRoBLeM - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: SouNDcaRD miDI PRoBLeM

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14             14-Jan-98  @  10:57 AM   -   SouNDcaRD miDI PRoBLeM

avene

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I got a problem. I can't seem to get any of the midi ins or outs to work on either of my soundcards anymore. The cards are an AWE64gold and Tropez Plus. I had trouble with one of them and tried to reinstall them. I've reloaded the drivers, but nothing seems tio work. If anyone can help out I'd appreciate it.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             14-Jan-98  @  02:07 PM   -   RE: SouNDcaRD miDI PRoBLeM

KILO

WHAT S/WARE PROGRAMME ARE YOU USING.......??....are the fields set correctly in the programme to address the card ?.....

Message 3/14             15-Jan-98  @  07:57 AM   -   RE: SouNDcaRD miDI PRoBLeM

Avene

Link?:  Link

I just can't get any of the midi ins or outs to work in any program. I'll eventually figure it out. I just thought I'd post the question , incase anyone knew.

Message 4/14             15-Jan-98  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: SouNDcaRD miDI PRoBLeM

kilo

well if they are lkisted in your system/control panel, then they should be addressable......maybe they are conflicting ?.... pretty hard to say without seeing the machine....

Message 5/14             16-Jan-98  @  07:21 AM   -   RE: SouNDcaRD miDI PRoBLeM

Hilevelt

I've got 4 soundcards, and I used to have all kinds of trouble when I set the addresses manually. I set it back to auto config, and just left it fucked up for a week, and then one day it all just worked. No troubles at all. I admit I'm a lamer, but wanna tell me what makes this happen? (same thing happened when I added a 3rd cd-rom drive)

Message 6/14             16-Jan-98  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: SouNDcaRD miDI PRoBLeM

kilo

huh ?..... are you insane man !!!.......... a 3rd cd rom... what for ?...... and also, cards dont suddenly work.... you must be doing something..... do you just take your cards out & re-install them every month as a habit or something ??.....

Message 7/14             16-Jan-98  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: SouNDcaRD miDI PRoBLeM

Avene

Yeah, they're all in the control panel, and there are no hardware conflicts.

I'm gonna borrow a copy of Jedi Knight of a friend. I tried it once before, and the game didn't work, but it fixed some sound problems I was ahving at the time. Hopefully it may work again.

Hilevelt, 4 soundcards and 3 cd roms? What did you do, rip out your floppy drive and video card to put them in?

Message 8/14             17-Jan-98  @  01:41 PM   -   RE: SouNDcaRD miDI PRoBLeM

Hilevelt

I've got a writer and a scsi reader, just so I can press discs, and my main reader for functional stuff. and, y'know, and AWE64 for Reality/Making Waves, a Gina for audio, and a couple of generics for soft synths and Sound Forge. It's nice, I don't have to close Making Waves to edit samples, and can run VAZ along-side Rebirth and everything else. I've been seeing generic soundcards for $13 lately, and it's worth it.

But I can't get Recycle to use a free soundcard if any one is being used. Thoughts?

And actually Kilo, not only does my shit just start working out of nowhere, it also starts fucking up out of nowhere. Not the soundcards, they're tight, but the 3rd cd-rom works great sometimes, and then other times I'll get strange digital clicks all over my cd copies. I think it's the software, Corel CD Creator. I'm also constantly getting buffer under-runs, whether writing 1x or 2x.

Message 9/14             17-Jan-98  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: SouNDcaRD miDI PRoBLeM

Avene

Yeah, I know Recycle always tries to use a card that is already being used. I don't use iit anyway. I jsut chop my samples in Cool Edit pro, where you can save the selection.

I got an IDE burner put in a few weeks back. It worked for a while, but I can't access the discs anymore, I keep getting the "disc is not ready" message. I'm gonna take it back on Monday.

Message 10/14             17-Jan-98  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: SouNDcaRD miDI PRoBLeM

Hilevelt

That could be s/w, is it closing the disc properly? Also, you can make copies of other copies if they were done Track-at-Once, but not disc-at-once, though I can't seem to make copies of copies either way.

Message 11/14             18-Jan-98  @  12:36 PM   -   RE: SouNDcaRD miDI PRoBLeM

Avene

It opens and closes alright. I just can't access it. It goes back tommorrow!

Message 12/14             19-Jan-98  @  06:36 AM   -   RE: SouNDcaRD miDI PRoBLeM

Hilevelt

yeah, dat's da fuckin' spirit. shit don't work, BOMB DA BITCH!!!

Message 13/14             19-Jan-98  @  10:20 AM   -   RE: SouNDcaRD miDI PRoBLeM

kilo

sounds like all the fucking games are shagging stuff up..... d'yo just get a game and load it, demo's 2 ?...... games are a 100% killer for shagging stuff up ......they can do all sorts of crap to your system....

Message 14/14             20-Jan-98  @  11:28 AM   -   RE: SouNDcaRD miDI PRoBLeM

Avene

Well, I've been a bit busy the last couple of days and haven't had a chance to take it back yet, and I've gotta work again tommorow, so I'll have to wait until thursday... Game's aren't a problem.. For a number of months I couldn't get Reality to work with Logic, but it worked with every other sequencer I tried. None of the Emagic wankers could help me, kept telling me my registration wasn't in or some shit, bunch of pricks.. That's the problem Jedi Knight fixed when it checked all my soundhardware. Unfortunately the game didn't work. I don't run many games anyway, just MDK, G Police, the Sahdows of the Empire demo(hoth) and that's about it. I may have tried a couple of others, but have never had any problems.

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)