aaa Computer Monitor ? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Computer Monitor ?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             16-Jan-98  @  02:23 PM   -   Computer Monitor ?

David

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I don't know if anyone can help or not, but everything is really dark on my monitor (Princeton Graphics Ultra 50). Pictures on the net, nearly everything is so dark its difficult to see them without loading them into a graphics program and maxing the gamma. I've got my brightness maxed and even on the few games I own I can max the Gamma and still it's too dark.

I've contacted Cirrrus Logic and Princeton with no luck on their faq's or mails.

So is there anything in Win 95 to adjust overall gamma or brightness? Thanks in advance & sorry about the sorta off the subject question.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             16-Jan-98  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: Computer Monitor ?

kilo

sound like you bought a duff monitor mate.....

Message 3/9             17-Jan-98  @  08:00 AM   -   RE: Computer Monitor ?

ac

....agree with kilo, does sound like you're monitor tube is a cheap taiwanese pieceofcrap...incidently, even the major monotor brands..samsung and sony..are all starting to warrant their tubes for only a maximum of two years...RA's after this time are almost 50% after this time.....er..just abit of irrelevent drivel....
number Nine and Matrox graphics cards ship with gamma correction software which may help minimse the probem..number nine (visual technology ) eg the inexpensive #9 reality 332's and its `hawkeye' software package may help with your problem if you don't want to toss your monitor just yet....

Message 4/9             21-Jan-98  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: Computer Monitor ?

quiq

check out the refresh or the res of the monitor also mess around with different graphix drivers ie an s3 for a diamond stealth card, also directx does this sometimes, it maybe down to these and there cheaper then a new monitor, or a kick in the teeth or a beating with a baseball bat or a punch in the face from a 15meter run up or a flying kick from the top of a building or.... oh my glasses have fallen off

Message 5/9             06-Apr-98  @  10:45 AM   -   RE: Computer Monitor ?

David

Just thought I'd finish this thread. I got a hold of Princeton Graphics (finally) and they said that my warantee was expired (of course) but that it didn't sound like the tube so they recommended getting it serviced locally as it sounded like an adjustment thing. Well, that's what Kenwood said about my cd player that went brain dead and I was able to open it up and find the lazer trim control and fix it myself. SOOO I opened up the Princeton monitor and low and behold, there on the circut board was a tiny brightness overall trim pot so I got my trusty jeweler's screwdriver and fixed the problem myself.

NOTE: if you try this at home please remember that like tube amps, monitors have alot of stepped up voltage inside which can seriously kill you so careful what you touch!

Message 6/9             06-Apr-98  @  12:47 PM   -   RE: Computer Monitor ?

kilo

yup......that useualy does it....... but like he said........ PLEASE watch out......you can get killed........

Message 7/9             06-Apr-98  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: Computer Monitor ?

Clemens

Plopp, puff, eeek, ooohhhhhh``**~~--..___  (

I´ve opened my monitor. Here´s my voice from beyond.
I´m writing you from heaver. Petrus is holding my screwdriver.... never tell my again to open my monitor.

But here, they have a marvellous net-connection.

And: kilo, can´t you imagime... I´ve got your chat-line...
sitting here, talking to my angel and writing this mail...
its great, folks

See you later...

Clemens

Message 8/9             06-Apr-98  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: Computer Monitor ?

kilo

yeah absolutely...... people...... PLEEZE......... really this is potentially...... VERY DANGEROUS.....

Message 9/9             07-Apr-98  @  01:37 AM   -   RE: Computer Monitor ?

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Well, wouldn't heaven suck if there was no Dancetech?! (Am I kissing too much ass here or what??)

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)