aaa ADAT..SVHS or what? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: ADAT..SVHS or what?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             27-Jan-98  @  09:43 AM   -   ADAT..SVHS or what?

acid_cat

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

um...I am hoping that someone here will be able to help be with an annoying question; ok, if an ADAT uses SVHS tapes, and DA-88/38 use hi-8, what is the difference between an ADAT player and a SVHS player/recorder? Likewise, what is the difference between a DA-88/38 and a hi-8 player/recorder? I have a pretty nice non-linear video editing PC setup for mastering video to both hi-8 and SVHS...so I am wondering can I use either a hi-8 player or SVHS video player for mastering for my audio as well as my video? Anybody know any good links on this subject? thanx.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             27-Jan-98  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: ADAT..SVHS or what?

Chris

I've never use hi-8, but I think its safe to assume that the same principals apply to both Hi-8 and VHS.
A normal VHS video recorder will allow you to record a video signal and two audio signals onto onto a VHS cassette. But ADAT lets you (this is the clever bit) record 8 audio tracks in a very fancy and noise free(ish) manner onto a VHS cassette.

It's the same reason why you can't play Quake on an Audio CD player, or receive satellite TV with a stapler etc........

Message 3/3             27-Jan-98  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: ADAT..SVHS or what?

kilo

oh... aha ah hahahahahaha... er.... just understood the question...... In fact not so long ago.... studio's used to keep an old PCM video machine for just that purpose... they gave 2 track stereo digital recording... as a back-up/option to the 2-track....so....yes you ca,,,,, but if it's analog, dont expect the quality to be great

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)