aaa MC-505 on sale - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: MC-505 on sale

Viewing all 66 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7

Original Message 1/66             29-Jan-98  @  12:53 PM   -   MC-505 on sale

csg6031

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi, I was in my local proaudio/music shop this
morning,

And they had a roland MC-505 running some demos.
is it already available in UK Shops?.

It had some pretty convincing Drum & Bass demos in it.
But somehow I got this audio equivalent of 'painting by numbers' feeling.

Anyway for the interested, they asked fl 2400,-
for it as an introductionairy price. later it will
be fl 2900,-.
Divide these numbers by 3.5 to obtain the price in
UK pounds.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/66             29-Jan-98  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kilo

but isnt that really the way the MC's are supposed to be??........ Anyhow, apparently, the synth/keyboard market is dead right now, so maybe the introductory offer will stay.....after all, look how fast the JP was reduced in price by 1/3rd......

Message 3/66             02-Feb-98  @  04:00 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

Hi, I've just seen the MC-505 at my local synth store too; its AUD$2400. The only problem with it is that my massive norks kept getting in the way when I tried to operate the DBeam and messing up the resonance and cutoff frequency. The store owner said the MC 505 wasn't really made for grils anyway and that something like a casio or hammond would suit me better.
After I removed his testicles, I said..ok your probably right....so go play with your casio and I'll layby the MC 505 thanks.
Oh, yes, and the sydney harbour bridge is for sale....all you have to do is send me an original TB303 and its yours.....

Message 4/66             02-Feb-98  @  07:59 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Joe Mama

DAmn, I'd pay some good AUD's to see those babies...But
with norks aside, I thought I'd never say that but, how does it sound? The FX's, the part mixer, other D-beam controls?

Message 5/66             02-Feb-98  @  10:05 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Retail us will be $1600, but even cooler is the sp-808 sample workstation, which is kind of and mpc meets a groovebox with 4 faders and a d-beam. It's really ugly, but only lists for $1700.

Message 6/66             03-Feb-98  @  06:35 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kid303

Sounds like a very expensive toy to me,do you get a
free teletubby with each one?

Message 7/66             03-Feb-98  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kilo

I just wanna say........any of the kit already released can get you great tunes....... lets be careful about this......the new such-and-such is 128 note poly.....25,000 mb ram 120 million Gb's hard drive space etc etc.......er.....overkill??....who the fuck uses 128 notes per beat in dance music..or any music for that matter......gimme a cheap old sampler.....a couple of cheap analogs, any digital synth, a 1040 with cubase, and a DAT....I'm happy........the rest is iceing to me...... not that it's not enjoyable...but it's not that important

Message 8/66             03-Feb-98  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Joe mAMA

So Hilevelt, what do you thing the selling price will be? Plus, with the Sp808, on Rolands page it says the seq is 2000 events, if I'm not mistaken. What kind of workstation is that?

Message 9/66             07-Feb-98  @  01:01 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Hilevelt

The namm show was last weekend, and those prices I gave are out of the retail book. Since Roland is discounted pretty good, it should cost around an mpc street. 'course, used mc303's are selling for less than $300 now; don't think even Kilo can deny that it's worth at least that much. I still love mine, despite my k2, matrix, and cakewalk.

Message 10/66             08-Feb-98  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

andegenhardt

hello - seems like roland gear is real pricey in the us and uk. the mc5050 has been for sale in japan for something like a month,and it sells for 140,000 yen, somthing like 11,000$.its much begger than the 303, so its not as easy to send overseas, but if anyones interested, to obtain one form Japan, please e-mail me. -Anrei Iizuka

Message 11/66             08-Feb-98  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

cybr0

I bought my 505 in Japan last week for 99000 yen. While I am still waiting on an English manual I have found that it is has a totally awesome sounds & functions. I will put some of my explorations onto a ftp site in a week or so. I have to say though the Dbeam is just too cool! Those trying it in a shop should have a go at the Adlib mode with one of the great tb patches (they kick even better than my JP8K)and move your hand about 1 foot above it moving slightly up and down while using your other hand to drive the cutoff/resonance. This thing is totally going to be the bomb in a live sitution. Takes a while to master though so sit back and play with it until you become one with the beam.

Message 12/66             09-Feb-98  @  01:54 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Avene

They shouldn't have called it a 505, people such as myself may get it confused with the TR505 which Schoolly D used to use.

Message 13/66             09-Feb-98  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kilo

yup.....at 300 the mc-303 is a decent drum box....... but i'd suspect the new stuff will be much of the same....... sings and dances in the shop ok,...... but has a crap line in conversation when you take it out for the night !!!......

Message 14/66             12-Feb-98  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Lars G.

So what's the ppq of the MC505's sequencer? 1/16? Can you sequence complex beats besides 4/4? And the patches are editable, right?

Message 15/66             14-Feb-98  @  09:04 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

Check out Roland's new JX-305 `GROOVE SYNTH'...the namm report is at www.harmony-central.com; theres also a rolandgroove site at www.rolandgroove.com....its awesome!!!!!!!. The synth has all the mc-505 patches, standard 303 realtime control knobs and 64 voice polyphony.....it looks gorgeous too.....

Message 16/66             15-Feb-98  @  12:14 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kid303

Well if it looks gorgeous then it must be a good bit of kit.....not!
I cannot believe anyone would pay £1000 for the 505.
When you look at the number of second hand mc303's
that have flooded the market(in perfectcondition....hardly sed they inevitably say) give it about 6 months and you'll
pick a 505 up for £400.

Message 17/66             16-Feb-98  @  01:29 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

Its true, I'm a superficial, manufactured, fad-following pretentious talentless wannabe muso type, I work in a hair salon, and I have a red car, it just looks pretty, my boyfriend is a 6ft 5 triathelete, i wear gold jewelry. I bought a nord lead to match the colour of my car, and the mc303 because I needed `something silver' to liven up the corner of the room; I thought the roland groovesynth would look good in my bedroom with the JP8K; it would match my blue walls, if I can only find the right doily to sit them on, I bought an 02r as for a juxtipostion, the DA88 because you can sit 2 six packs of beers on it while I watch the TV, I'll buy the MC505 because you can really pissed and fuck with cutoff frequencies with your toes whilst playing `nude twister' Thanks for bringing me back into line Kid303, I can tell by your down to earth no-nonsense name that you must be an authority in this respect.

Message 18/66             16-Feb-98  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kid303

Meeoowww!!!! scratch my eyes out acid cat!!!
Maybe there's an untapped market to get the girlies
playing electronic music,if Roland put an oven and a
kitchen sink on each end of their next synth then they could really get the girls interested.

Message 19/66             16-Feb-98  @  11:15 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

I believe the Roland `circuit bent' patch was made just for you in that it is useless, pointless, annoying and you wish it was never invented. ;)

Message 20/66             16-Feb-98  @  11:37 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Avene

I think the JX-305 looks dodgy, and definitely would not fit in with any of my decor.

Message 21/66             16-Feb-98  @  12:26 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Sceptic dog

Acid cat,we know you are not female. No female is
capable of understanding analogue or FM synthesis or the complexities of sys ex.
How many female techno artists are there?? Apart from
Mrs woods.(and as shes married to a techno producer Tony de Vit so guess how much he helps?)
Could you show us an example of a track you've released acid cat? Maybe you can list your kit list....
Either you are a bloke winding us all up or you are a
female pretending to be into electronic dance music.

Message 22/66             16-Feb-98  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Chris

Well you might be right Sceptic dog, but you don't have to understand something to make money out of it, look at Mr.Gates.

Message 23/66             16-Feb-98  @  12:50 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

Since I assume youre not being serious here mr septic dog, I won't call you a fucking cunt wanka puny-peckered pal-eating fuckwit . Disappointed.?

Message 24/66             16-Feb-98  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

sceptic dog

No,just suprised at the expletives you are capable of.

Message 25/66             16-Feb-98  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kilo

sceptic....... i suggest you get out of the house more, if you think there are no females making dance..... and there's a whole bunch DJ'ing too.....

Message 26/66             16-Feb-98  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Manu

Hello

Message 27/66             17-Feb-98  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

Since septic dog is obviously poorass, then he may be forgiven for his ignorance. Australian males, especially the ones of Italian heritage, are born grossly deficient, both mentally and physically, and are thus incapable of performing simple tasks, such as getting out of the house, or reading a local entertainment mag. Except for my boyfriend, he's alright, except that when we went out clubbing this weekend he exclaimed in bewilderment:......`look, that DJ's got pigtails...what a poof!'. It was DJ Angie, of course.. a fabulously talented female local techno artist and DJ. Don't fall of your chair poorass.

Message 28/66             17-Feb-98  @  08:25 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

...oh, sorry everyone. I forgot...this isn't the slag page......
what I meant to say was `you are absolutely correct Kelo, dude'. My mistake.

Message 29/66             17-Feb-98  @  01:22 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kelo...er..... kilo

er....... but that's what I said....

Message 30/66             17-Feb-98  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

sceptic dog

Well where are these females? Looking at your chat
pages I have never seen a female write in except
the alleged female acid cat.So where are they all kilo?
Can anyone mention an all female techno/trance act?
DJ'ing is different because a) it's far easier to dj than it
is to produce music and b) female dj's are seen as a
novelty by the clubs.
I'm not against female techno musicians.Ther just aren't any.

Message 31/66             17-Feb-98  @  02:06 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

Listen you fucking moron; females mostly don't chat here cause they're A. Mostly decent nuturing souls who don't get off on the crude and mentally damaging abuse of others, and B. They're actually doing something constructive with their time instead of going on with all this shit. As for me, I was gang raped as a child and I consider this therapy.

Message 32/66             17-Feb-98  @  02:15 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

AND GET A fucking life you dumbfuck antagonistic sexist shithead. Or maybe I mean myself. Anyway, ever hear of the prodigy;? Well I was fucking Liam when he made the `prodigy experience'; he was so fucking nackered each day after our raunchy sex sessions that I had to program all the music myself. Behind every great man is a great woman and all that.....

Message 33/66             17-Feb-98  @  03:11 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

sceptic dog

Ok acid cat whatever you say,if it's backed up with a
lot of swearing then it must be true.
Oh,how about letting us have a midi file of one of 'your'
tracks from fat of the land? You can leave it in the
midifiles section of this web site. Or are you talking crap?

Message 34/66             17-Feb-98  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kilo

DJ-ing is easier than making tunes?....... ha ha ha fuckin ha... ever tried it ??....... ha ha ha......

Message 35/66             17-Feb-98  @  06:33 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

BREAKBEAT SPICE

equalization of the sexes... GIRL POWER!!!

Message 36/66             18-Feb-98  @  11:48 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Avene

Sceptic Dog, I honestly don't think anyone who visits here could thouroughly understand FM synthesis. Could you explain it to us, seeing as you think you're so smart, and know so much about females, and their lack of knowledge regarding techno production. Have you ever thought that most females who visit may already know everything about recording, and, in which case, would not need to post questions here?

Message 37/66             18-Feb-98  @  09:23 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

>So what's the ppq of the MC505's sequencer? 1/16?
96 or 1/64th
>Can you sequence complex >beats besides 4/4?
Yup and its much easier than the 303 because you can see the note, Gate and velocity on the LCD as you scroll forward thru time
With the 303 if its out of range the keys will not not light
Also It will transmit MIDI messages through the active channel from the D-Beam depending on what the beam is assisgned to. Ex. Modulation, PAN, cutoff/Res combo etc

Message 38/66             19-Feb-98  @  04:52 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

Good call Avenster, dude. Septic dog, what have you got against my lack of fame and experience in the music industry? I'm having a go and thats what counts. Everyones gotta start out sometime, and its that time for me. Plus, I haven't heard of any dance artists called `the Septic Dog Brothers' or `the Septic Method' or even `DJ Septic ' lately. Has anyone else? You are a real arsehole and I'm calling my mommy and going out for a manicure now because you hurt my feelings.

Message 39/66             19-Feb-98  @  06:49 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

LARS

SO how editable are the sounds on this thing?

Message 40/66             20-Feb-98  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kilo

bloody hell....... can't any of you pick up a phone and ask Roland....or do I have to do it as usual ??....

Message 41/66             20-Feb-98  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kilo

here's the roland (we omit the details your really need) blurb:

Thanks to its 64-voice polyphony and a new high-performance sound chip, the MC-505 offers 512 of the fattest sounds on the dance music scene.
Twenty-six specially-created onboard rhythm kits deliver low kicks, snares and hits galore, meaning that from the latest lo-fi techno and hip-hop sounds
to all those classic Roland drum and synth sounds (TB-303, TR-808, TR-909, Juno, Jupiter, et al.), the MC-505's got it covered. And to ensure that
groove-heads get exactly the sound they're after, the 505 features steep multi-mode resonant filtering, ADSR envelope controls, enhanced LFO and
Filter/ Amplifier controls and a Low Boost knob with an Octave switch (warn the neighbors now).

Making full use of these sounds, the MC-505 features 714 preset dance music patterns, ranging from the latest Trance, Ambient, and Drum 'n' Bass
grooves to Latin, Reggae, Old-School, Funk and Hip-Hop. These patterns were developed by some of the world's foremost sound designers, and they
can be used "as is" or edited and combined into unique new User patterns.

Aiding in pattern combination is the new MEGAMIX function, which allows for the seamless combination of distinct parts from different patterns and
songs. Even parts with wildly different tempos and feels can be combined, offering some very powerful and unique results and giving MC-505 users an
unlimited canvas to create original patterns "on the fly."

One of the most innovative enhancements to the MC-505, however, is the revolutionary new D-Beam Controller*. The D-Beam Controller allows
musicians to control MC-505 effects, sounds and note information with hand and body movement through an invisible, infrared beam of light. D-Beam
effects include "Turntable," which can be used to control tempo by raising or lowering the hand over the light beam; "Cutoff & Resonance," which
simultaneously controls a sound's cutoff frequency and resonance parameters according to subtle hand motion; and "Ad Lib," which allows for
improvising melodies using one of 21 preset scales. In addition to greatly increasing the MC-505's expressive capabilities, the D-Beam controller
enhances the onstage, visual aspects of performance. And better yet, all D-Beam control information can be transmitted from the MC-505 via MIDI.

Speaking of effects, the MC-505 features three independent, synchronizable onboard effects processors, offering powerful reverb, chorus and delay
sounds, as well as new cutting-edge effects like: "Radio Tuning," which makes patterns sound as if they are playing over the air; "Phonograph," for
simulating record player noise; and "Slicer" for creating rhythmic permutations of sounds. In all, 24 insert effects complement the dedicated reverb and
delay effects, with rate parameters automatically sync'd to tempo.

The MC-505's powerful onboard sequencer boasts three quantize functions--grid, shuffle and groove--as well as a built-in Arpeggiator with 53 styles
and a Realtime Phrase Sequencer (RPS) for instant triggering of musical phrases with a single key. Sequencer capacity has been increased to 95,000 (kilos note: fucking peanuts !!)
notes, while a new SmartMedia card slot allows for external pattern and patch storage via 2MB and 4MB SmartMedia cards. By adding a single 4MB
card, the MC-505 can store an additional 480,000 notes (200 patterns), 512 patches and 20 rhythm sets. And direct SmartMedia pattern and song
playback is possible for live performance applications. (kilo's note:... yeah right. sell you more accessories instead of making a decent storage area to begin with !!!)

As a self-contained professional dance music workstation, the MC-505's other features include: full MIDI control, with knob and slider movements
output via MIDI for easy editing; sound editing while listening to phrases from an external sequencer;....... (KIlo note: AHA !!!!!!!!........THATS INTERESTING !!)

three stereo audio outputs (six mono) for external
processing; and a new assignable Part Mixer for slider-based control of part level, panning, key shift, reverb and delay send levels and MEGAMIX
functions.

there ya go you lazy gits !! :-)

Message 42/66             21-Feb-98  @  01:22 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Avene

I tried it, but I couldn't work out how to set different fx levls for each of the individual drums. I'm not gonna bother contacting Roland though, I'm not that interested, but it sounds a helluva lot better than the mc303.

Message 43/66             26-Feb-98  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Spot

Yeah, it does sound a helluva lot better than the 303, but can it produce "proper" quantized complex rythems...if its anything like the 303 for pumping out a complex 909 beat, then it gonna be pretty useless

Message 44/66             26-Feb-98  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kilo

well, as far as I can tell, amongst the sales speak..... this unit can and will output and receive data from an external sequencer..... so problem solved..... lets hope they added a decent editing section, so that sounds are savable OUTSIDE of note patterns.......

Message 45/66             26-Feb-98  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kilo

oh yeah.... Roland emailed me yesterday actually, so it looks like we're gonna be able to get stuff to review....... that's what they asked.... "do you want ??"..... I said YES!

Message 46/66             27-Feb-98  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

pbovadik

It is the bomb. Last nite I got it to play samples on
my A3000. No problem, and you don't lose a track on the
Mc-505 doing it. I love this thing. Try the 303 lead 2
patch with the lo-fi effect on. It kicks.

Message 47/66             27-Feb-98  @  07:42 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kid303

Yeah,we heard the same 'rave' reviews from the music press
last year with the mc303.

Message 48/66             10-Mar-98  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

phil

oooo errr missus!
Looks to me like the QM309 still kicks arse.
Perhaps Roland will stop pissing around putting in crap samplers, bells and flowers, and get back to making decent sequencers eventually, after all it was them that started it.

Message 49/66             11-Mar-98  @  04:27 AM   -   Oiy "Rosebud" RE:Covert Op.MC-505

" Cat Girl"

I heard that the MC 505 has both 50pin and 68pin SCSI options plus a Random Access memory card option which allows up to 9GB of data storage; it has 256 voice polyphony and you can hook up to 9 of them for 128 tracks of HD disk recording, it also has an inbuilt 5000000 note sampler and you can put up to 16 real-time FX on each track. Plus I heard that Daft Punk and the Prodigy secretly used the MC 505 in their latest albums, and no other equipment, you can use the DBeam contoller as a laser Gun too if you download the `MC 505 Lasergun patch' from Utter_ BS@Roland.com.

Message 50/66             11-Mar-98  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

john

I covet my 505. 'nuff said. I skipped work to f' with it all day. I'm raving in my living room.

Message 51/66             13-Mar-98  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

hprieger

Checked the 505 out two weeks ago (February 98), no doubt,
a great machine that does almost anything for youwithout and synths.
Anyway, none should pay more than $900-$1000 for it since all the stores right now think they can charge a premium. I 'll bet you if you go in a store with $900 cash and stuff it in the managers face he'll sell it for $900. Its all about negotiating it and using time for you.
Go get it, its the hottest thing out there.

Message 52/66             13-Mar-98  @  06:01 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kid303

I doubt if it's the hottest thing out there.Not with products like Virus and Event Gina currently doing the rounds.

Message 53/66             13-Mar-98  @  11:40 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kilo

all i can say is..... in the rock industry about 7 years ago.......in the guitar magazines.......everyone ended up with a pointy headstock....... a rack pre-amp with fx unit.........and a power amp, Rocktron Hush and 4 X12 cab...(The GIT rig!!)...then rock music died !!!!!!!!!!......why ??......... why did all those "I got the right gear to make the right sound" bands get stuffed by a bunch of less technical people playing totally uncool nerdy 60's Gretch etc etc axes.......???

COS PEOPLE GOT FUCKED OFF WITH CRAPPY STREOTYPICAL ROCK BANDS ALL SOUNDING THE SAME WITH ALL THE SAME GEAR....... nuff said.... believe me..if you wanna make TV advert "Dance" music......go get 'em !!!!....... I mean fer christ sakes.....even fucking washing powder ad's have a Jungle beat now !!!

Message 54/66             13-Mar-98  @  11:42 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kilo

thats right !!.... I'm in a bad "Independent" mood today.......

Message 55/66             13-Mar-98  @  03:01 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Blunted

Warsh your clothes in Da' Jungle

Message 56/66             13-Mar-98  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Johnny

I've just got myself an MC-505, it's a fucking good machine. Sounds are okay, but I won't be using any of them, I hate sounding like anyone else. I'll be using this baby as a live sequencer for my other machines.

Cheers

Message 57/66             13-Mar-98  @  11:57 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Cheap Casio Keyboards VS. Roland Playboxes?!?

Er Mister Johnny, why not buy a REAL hardware sequencer without a lot of crap overused samples and sounds then?!? HAHAHA and that D-Beam thingy makes me f#ck*n' laugh!!! I guess the next toybox, er, i mean groovebox will feature some nice joypads (remote controlled of course), a lightgun and of course a nice free FORCEFEEDBACK device (which you can plug in the back) so you will not only HEAR the music but FEEL it too!!!

Message 58/66             15-Mar-98  @  09:22 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

Keello,
I doubt that the rock industry `failed' because everyone had the same gear (?!). More likely the people using the gear were not particularly creative and lacked the imagination to use their stuff in an innovative manner. Surely one's kit comes a distant second in terms of producing innovative music, to one's capacity for creativity. Sorry Kilo, but it seems so ridiculous to say that by purchasing a Roland MC505, all dance music will sound the same, by the nature of such equipment the potential for making new sounds in a huge variety of ways is enormous. Such devices are creative tools, but you require some creativity first eh?

Message 59/66             16-Mar-98  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kid303

Trouble with the mc505 is that it's the kind of machine that doesn't inspire you to be creative,it's sepcifically built to allow dj's to make quick grooves on the fly inbetween records. Lets face it,the mc505 and 303 are gonna be bought by people wanting to make grooves with the least amount of effort and thought needed.

Message 60/66             16-Mar-98  @  11:04 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

Its true, I am a bit thought defficient, thanks for pointing that out..........whats your name? (its a bit too much of an effort to look at the previous thread to see who posted it, see?)

Message 61/66             17-Mar-98  @  09:52 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Kilo

sorry acid..but your talking bollox....... Acid, Techno, Jungle and whatever else wouldnt exist if people had stuck to the established equiptment of the time and stuck to using it in the way in which it was designed to be used........ and YES....... It does follow that the kind of mentality that buys into ready made or "The same" technology is also going to buy into "The same" compositional style and techniques........ think about it....... c'mon acid..... it's Puffa's, Nike Air-Max, DJ bags, and crappy imported designer-lager at triple prices all round......and the whole style and look and fashion AND the sounds and gear that goes with it is gearing itself to produce generic "Off-The-Peg" dance music........ I'm sorry.......but I DO think that these things effect the style and creativity of the would-be artists...... check it out....... certain bands artists/styles get big.....people follow their style AND their equiptment set-up too, cos they go hand in hand.....

Message 62/66             17-Mar-98  @  11:29 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

My point, obviously lost on you kilo, is that ones preferred music production tool (s), however other people use it, does not restrict the user to using it in the `established way'. Anyway, a lotta dance muso's pride themselves as creative people (and they fucking are too!), and they're not gonna be looking to release songs that sound like everyone else's stuff. Of course, there's the mercenary types who are after a profit, well good on them, I make video clips for some very successful artists here in Brisbane who made their bucks doing `established' trendy type stuff, and with the very same gear, they also make more `pushing-the-envelope' type music. Your so condescending Kilo, not every dance music maker is a nike-wearing sheep (theres obviously plenty whose not).

Message 63/66             19-Mar-98  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

well, i've just picked up a 505 and though i wasn't really planning on keeping, i have to
say that i'm very impressed. the sequencer is nice - so much better than trying to get all
my shit to work right on the computer.

the mc303 wasn't that good but i wouldn't underestimate the 505. it's looking good.

btw, it has a fully programmable synth inside. i've already programmed some nice sounds.

Message 64/66             19-Mar-98  @  08:30 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kid303

A fully programmable synth?? C'mon it's sample based and doesn't use any kind of virtual analogue modelling so how can it be 'fully programmable'? You can modify the samples a bit and layer the tones differently but it's not in the same league as the prophecy or an1x when it comes to creating your own sounds.

Message 65/66             20-Mar-98  @  12:12 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Spot

Kid303, your a miserable sod arn`t you, are you anti roland or something, nah cant be with a name like that..nothing positive to say about anything have you

Message 66/66             20-Mar-98  @  07:07 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kid303

Christ,you shud see me in a BAD mood!! I just think that Roland are releasing crap gear recently.

Viewing all 66 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7

There are 66 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)