aaa WALDORF 'MICROWAVE synth for the Terratec EWS - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: WALDORF 'MICROWAVE synth for the Terratec EWS

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             13-Feb-98  @  02:35 PM   -   WALDORF 'MICROWAVE synth for the Terratec EWS

kilo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Latest news.... Waldorf Microwave-2 baord available soon for the Terratec ews !!!.... It
will be fitted into a new front panel module, that will replace the old one...... all the same
functions for the front panel will be there, but with the addition of the Microwave-2
synth... yes a whole microwave 2 synth !!..... not only that, but..... you can also send any
of the Terratec sound sources, (samples, sounds from the 4mb rom wavetable synth etc)
to the waldorf for processing via the Microwave filters etc, as well as external sounds
(there's also an external IN for the waldorf.!!!)..... also, the output from the waldorf can
be recorded direct to hard disk as an audio file !!...... the entire mix of h/d audio, internal
synth, samples and waldorf, can all be mixed to the s/pdif out's on the terratec for direct
digital transfer to dat...... also, that same sum total mix, can again be recorded to hard
disk as a stereo audio file..... so basically, you've got infinate re-sampling of all sources to
hard disk.. (these h/d files can also be loaded to the samplers ram......... or played back
from hard disk via your midi & h/d s/w......

I'll be getting a Terratec-ews64 soon (just ear-ached Simon at Terratec into a cheap deal
!!.. heh heh)..... so I'll review the card in total-full soon as the studio's set up at the my
new address..... until then, seems like this card is going from strength to strength....... the
Waldorf is a great addition, not only as a synth, but the famous Waldorf filters are thus
available to process any sound whether from sample ram, synth, or h/disk,,,,,and the
results can be sampled also.... great!!!.........

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             16-Feb-98  @  07:20 AM   -   RE: WALDORF 'MICROWAVE synth for the Terratec EWS

bartman

Sounds good but have you ever seen all the complaints
about the soft/configuration of this card on one of the german sites ? I was about to buy one till I saw the angry messages of people waiting for bugfixes and
the neverending promise of solving software probs...

Message 3/8             16-Feb-98  @  11:01 AM   -   RE: WALDORF 'MICROWAVE synth for the Terratec EWS

kilo

well, I personally see mucho crap on all the newsgroups from people who ccant install a card...... so I'm a tad sceptical about the real deal of these problems.....

anyhow,,,,,,,, I'm getting one soon, so I'll have a go......also, the card was released a tad too early....... there are also lots of happy mails too.......

Message 4/8             18-Feb-98  @  02:17 AM   -   RE: WALDORF 'MICROWAVE synth for the Terratec EWS

EWS sucks !

Message 5/8             18-Feb-98  @  03:54 AM   -   RE: WALDORF 'MICROWAVE synth for the Terratec EWS

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Our intrepid Kilo will get to the heart of the matter, eh?

Message 6/8             18-Feb-98  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: WALDORF 'MICROWAVE synth for the Terratec EWS

kilo

yup....... and I will note that when ever someone says...... such and such sucks.... they never ever leave an email........ like if they actually owned one, they cant admit they were to dumb to install it, so they returned it just cos of that or what is the real reason?........ if they have experience, then surely they'd tell it...... but **** sucks...... hmmmmmm.......... lets repeat this...... there were problems with the TX chipsets..... this was a TX chipset problem and also effected other cards such as awe64........ the new TX chips are ok....... for further details ask acid_cat......(one of the females who knows shite about technology which is why she works in a PC hardware job for years...((note for Sceptic dog)))

Message 7/8             22-Feb-98  @  01:04 AM   -   RE: WALDORF 'MICROWAVE synth for the Terratec EWS

orprofi

Kilo. Explain me one thing.Is Waldorf Microwave new
Daugther Board available for EWS64XL ? Or this is
whole new front panel ? And in this case, what to do with my old front module (i have one EWS64XL)?
Does it possible to change their using purchasing
warranty ?
Thanks.

Message 8/8             23-Feb-98  @  11:19 AM   -   RE: WALDORF 'MICROWAVE synth for the Terratec EWS

kilo

I doubt they'de give it away free or at the same price.... but who know's ?..... more likely, it'll be an option......for more money... and that seems fair, as it'll probably be stilll alot cheaper than an actual microwave,,,,,,,,,or 2...

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)