aaa Hip hop beats - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Hip hop beats

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             15-Feb-98  @  06:51 PM   -   Hip hop beats

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

What do i need to make hip hop beats(software,mixeretc.)I'm strapped for cash so as much shareware as possible.Also how do i hook my tape deck up to my computer

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             16-Feb-98  @  10:53 AM   -   RE: Hip hop beats

kilo

the db50 with xg-edit is a good kit synth for a low price.... then you just need a s/w like cakewalk home studio, and you can add any audio loops, vocal, etc.......also, grab hammerhead, as it can be used to create loops..... and it's free........then grab Cool-edit demo...... you can use that for editing, and fx such as time stretch......again, it'll work for free....... the db50 has 808 kit, and some reasonable analog, plus some decent keyboard sounds..... it is very cheap.......
in fact, you could do it with just hammerhead, or making waves etc...... just for beats....... then mix it in any h/d s/w or if you get making waves, it'll do a whole composition......IF you're working withj only loops...... otherwise, if you wanna use midi as well, get a midi & h/d s/w such as cakewalk songstation, or home studio, or cubasis audio etc........ or a s/h copy of cakewalk pro audio V5.....

Message 3/7             24-Feb-98  @  02:11 AM   -   RE: Hip hop beats

JJOYCE62

Making Waves is where it's at. $50.00 and you got some power. Download Drum loops and then take the individual sound and make a new pattern. If you got any skills, you should be able to drop a bomb.

Message 4/7             24-Feb-98  @  03:34 AM   -   RE: Hip hop beats

fergm

Hammerhead is a must have, the only problem being the limited sample sizes in the makebank program. It is totally easy to use and yields serious results. Mono output can be overcome with Cool Edit, I think. If you're looking for basic jungle or d'n'b loops go to Weazle World, (I can't remember the link, but it should be an easy search).

Message 5/7             24-Feb-98  @  03:54 PM   -   RE: Hip hop beats

kilo

there's a link to weazle world in the Samples section...(inside samplers and sampling)

Message 6/7             24-Feb-98  @  09:19 PM   -   RE: Hip hop beats

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Hammerhead is fun, too, for loading samples of instrumentrs, vocals, etc... I wonder why anyone would ever pay for that mixman thing when Hammerhead is just as fun a toy if you're bored..

Message 7/7             25-Feb-98  @  04:38 AM   -   RE: Hip hop beats

Avene

Link?:  Link

I got 45 classic hip hop breakbeats at my site http://www.nettrade.com.au/avene

I've got another 55 ready to put up also, I've just gotta find some space.

My advice, if you're on a severe budget, would be to chop these up in Wavesurgeon, and then use the individual hits in something like Making Waves. Trouble is, programs like Wavesurgeon and Recycle aren't very precise. 90% of the time you're still going to need to edit the individual samples they produce, because a lot have clicks at the end, and worse still, many of the samples have a slow attack, and start a few miliseconds before the attack of the actual drum sound.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)