aaa Roland MKS-70 or Emu ESi-32? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Roland MKS-70 or Emu ESi-32?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             16-Feb-98  @  02:55 PM   -   Roland MKS-70 or Emu ESi-32?

ivan

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

The situation is this:
There is a guy selling these second-hand, and my wallet is not willing to get both. I've already got a sampler (Peavey SP) but no real analog stuff. The MKS-70 seems nice (but not a lot of knobs) and is cheap (Ģ250, 3000 Swedish Kr), but I want those Emu filters..

Can anyone give me some more info (pros and cons) on these things or a hint on what to get. I have the feeling that the Emu will drop further in price, but I might as well save up for a s/h Nord Lead or something like that instead of the MKS.

To complicate things further, he is also selling a Casio VZ-1 very cheap.. and I want that one TOO!
Guess I just have to live on air the coming months...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             16-Feb-98  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: Roland MKS-70 or Emu ESi-32?

kilo

the mks is a digital synth, they are ok, but I dont think it's what you are looking for......

Message 3/8             25-Feb-98  @  04:29 AM   -   RE: Roland MKS-70 or Emu ESi-32?

Pensamento

I have the ESI-32 and have played with the MKS. I believe that if you have already a sampler you should look for a unit like Orbit or any Quasimidi so you have a vast array of sounds at your disposition fast, since the sampler way of checking sonds and patches is so slow.

Message 4/8             25-Feb-98  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: Roland MKS-70 or Emu ESi-32?

kilo

have you thought about the excellent Access 'Virus' synth (see sysnth section)...... I'm getting one for review soon...... it has all the analog you need, loads of control knobs, with full midid control.... and as a bonus, you also get a BIG pallete of fm and other digital waves too.......... it is really a very good option to look at, and owners rave about it.......

Message 5/8             25-Feb-98  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: Roland MKS-70 or Emu ESi-32?

kid303

And upto 16 part multi....oh man!! Kilo,get that review
in

Message 6/8             26-Feb-98  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: Roland MKS-70 or Emu ESi-32?

kilo

soon baby.........

Message 7/8             10-Mar-98  @  08:18 AM   -   RE: Roland MKS-70 or Emu ESi-32?

self_osc

BUY THIS CRAP VZ1 ONLY IF IT VEEEEEEEERY
CHEAP, BOY!!!!!..........I WAS OWN ONE OF THIS AND
IT WAS A NIGTHMARE!!! .....SHIT MIDI.....SHIT SOUND
.......SHIT INTERFASE......ITīS GOOD FOR A MASTER
CONTROLLER ANYWAY, WITH 4 ZONES, 3 WHEELS,
PEDAL INPUT, AFTERTOUCH, ETC.....AND, IF YOU
CAN, BUY A KORG PROPHECY OR THE NORD, YOU
CANīT GO WONG THIS WAY.....

Message 8/8             10-Mar-98  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: VIRUS!!! (was - Roland MKS-70 or Emu ESi-32?)

globalbionics

speaking of the virus, does anybody know of any online samples of it? i've yet to hear
this little thing yet...

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)