aaa Yamaha DX-7 - kilo, you know the drill - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Yamaha DX-7 - kilo, you know the drill

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             18-Feb-98  @  05:53 AM   -   Yamaha DX-7 - kilo, you know the drill

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

ok guys, i saw B.B.E play this live (whether it was plugged in is a different story:-) I can get it for around $700 aussie dollars, is it worth getting off my ass and going to the shop to buy or not?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             18-Feb-98  @  05:53 AM   -   Yamaha DX-7 - kilo, you know the drill

THE poorass

ok guys, i saw B.B.E play this live (whether it was plugged in is a different story:-) I can get it for around $700 aussie dollars, is it worth getting off my ass and going to the shop to buy or not?

Message 3/4             18-Feb-98  @  11:36 AM   -   RE: Yamaha DX-7 - kilo, you know the drill

kilo

nope, ferget it............. maybe it was a master keyboard....... it does give some nice house and garage sounds, and some cool basses especially the yamaha FM hollow twin square wave bass.....(my favourite ever bassline sound for jungle, etc, plus, the organs also give great basses when played lower down the octaves............ but the dx-9, dx-11, dx-21, and dx-27 (keyboards) are all cheaper....... these are 4 operator synths, wheras the dx-7 is 6 operator...... personally i prefer the 4 op ones, cos they sound more cheezy......... and it's only the cheezy dx sounds that interest me, ..... with digital samploid synths, the dx can't compete for real imitations for strings etc. so why bother with the higher operator count ?.......

better still for the sounds themseklves are the fb01, and the tx81z....... (multitimbrel.......)

Message 4/4             18-Feb-98  @  11:38 AM   -   RE: Yamaha DX-7 - kilo, you know the drill

kil0

mind you......... if you wanna get wild and weird, and think you can come to terms with the dx-7 programming..... then it was Eno's main, and only synth for years.......

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)