aaa Roland JX8P synth - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Roland JX8P synth

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             18-Feb-98  @  03:01 PM   -   Roland JX8P synth(jx10, mks70)

globalbionics

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Can anyone give me opinions on the Roland JX8P synth. It's an older (1986?)
synth. I can get one for around $250(100 pounds). From what I remember this
thing is cool, but i'm curious if i'm just remembering wrong. currently alpha juno's
1 and 2 go for more than this thing does and the jx8p is way better in specs. for a
time it was the top-o-the-line roland synth.

it doesn't have any knobs but it has a programmer which can add tons of knobs to it.

does this things sound good? anybody got any idea why the poor thing is going for
so cheap nowadays? also, what about the jx-10(2 jx8p's in a box) or the mks70(rack
mount jx10).

also, should i just give up a buy something like the jv1080 or whatever? i've not
really paid any attention to those because, despite the better specs, they are just
sample playback units mainly aren't they? it seems like all these new things are
just trying to emulate the older stuff. so why not just buy the older stuff in the first
place? however the jx8p isn't considered a classic? anyone know why?

mainly i like to hear from anyone who has heard it and can give me an
evaluation.

thanks...

global

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             18-Feb-98  @  04:26 PM   -   RE: Roland JX8P synth

kilo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

probably cos like the mks/jx3p it's a digital controlled oscillator synth..... not fat......and a bastard to programme without the pg series programmer.... it's like.... select parameter....... scroll up or down with a poxy button....... they are ok tho.....250 seems cheap..... but possibly not worth it without the programmer... my MKS only was useful really once I got the PG unit.....6 note poly..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)