aaa How does Cool Edit Pro compare - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: How does Cool Edit Pro compare

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             19-Feb-98  @  10:43 AM   -   How does Cool Edit Pro compare

Phaseloc

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

How does it compare to cake , vst, ect for H/D

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             20-Feb-98  @  05:53 PM   -   RE: How does Cool Edit Pro compare

kilo

well, the demo version you can download here, doesnt have the 24 track multi-track, but..... even unregistered you can use it, as it allows 2 functions to be used every time you open the demo.... so select save as one function, then choose from the others according to what job you do........ it'll do all your fx, time stretch etc,....... great for a freebie...... but it's not a midi and hard disk programme like vst and cakewalk as far as I know, the new pro version just add's a 24 track audio multitrack...... however, maybe it'll add a midifile track to sync or whatever.... go to their site and check that......

Message 3/6             20-Feb-98  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: How does Cool Edit Pro compare

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

It's great audio editor... I use it with my H/D audio first, and if I can't fuck it up in that, only then do I go over to Sound Forge, etc... But the multitrack.... It's not good enuff to make a mixdown file in... I use it as a sketchpad to get my ideas out, so if I'm working with a few files, I'll throw 'em in the multitrack to see how the flow... It's also a good place to record parts over loops and get them exactly the same length as your loop automatically... I use CEPro for all my realtime recording.... But it's not high enuff quality to arrange in... That said, however, I'm grateful for the multitrack, as it makes my life a lot easier... And I fully recommend the program.. But not for what you have in mind..

Message 4/6             23-Feb-98  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: How does Cool Edit Pro compare

este3

i have an mp3 encoder..works fine with the one minute
winamp that came with the computer...looking for share
ware that will enable me to record full songs...cool edit
was not wav, it was au, and i believe that is the reason
the encoder would not take it. Any ideas? Isthere a place I can get cakewalk shareware version to try this out?
joe este

Message 5/6             24-Feb-98  @  04:25 PM   -   RE: How does Cool Edit Pro compare

kilo

for me, the best hard disk only prog that is commonly available... is without a doubt..... sawplus.....

Message 6/6             24-Feb-98  @  09:15 PM   -   RE: How does Cool Edit Pro compare

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Yup, I have to agree there, Kilo... Sawplus does the trick..

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)