aaa I NEED HELP!! (kilo , can you help me please? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: I NEED HELP!! (kilo , can you help me please?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             25-Feb-98  @  07:20 PM   -   I NEED HELP!! (kilo , can you help me please?

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi everybody!
i have a really big and annoying problem!
i've just added a virus and a fat383 to my akai and controller keyboard and i cant chain them in midi!!!
i'll tell you what it has and if you can then please tell me how to connect them!!
well :
akai s2000 - in, out, thrue
access virus - in, out
383 - in
controller keyboard - out
and i have a simple sound card with in and out
please help me guys!!
(sorry about my lame english)
bye and 10x!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             25-Feb-98  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: I NEED HELP!! (kilo , can you help me please?

blunted215

Well, I was gonna start my own thread, but this one will do just fine. I need help too! My question is a little bit different tho. Ok, my kit... Prophecy, R8, DB50XG, Cyrex 200+, 40meg Ram, Cakewalk H.S. V6 ok here's my problem. The proph is my master keyboard. I have the midi in and out going to the puter with the thru going to the R8 in. I'm having problems getting the DB50XG to work with cakewalk. When I first hooked up the proph to just the DB50 I just used the out from the proph and all the sounds shined right thru. As soon as I hook up the out from the computer to the proph and try and get cakewalk going to , I can't control the sounds coming out of the DB50....no matter what I change the patch to, it stays the same. I have Hubi's loopback device installed, but I'm not sure if I have it hooked up corectly...heres what I have goin on

SB midi in-->XGEDIT----CAKEWALK-->SB midi out

The sb midi in and out are connected to the proph. On a website I read it could be hooked up like this.

SB midi in ----Cakewalk-----SB midi out
\ /
---XGEDIT----

But when I tried hooking it up like this, it says device alread in use, plus how do I get the LB1 and 2 to got to SBmidi in's and out's? I saw something about a Hubi midi thru something or another...What am I missing? I hope my picture's come out! If not on the second diagram, cakewalk and XGEDIT share LB1 and 2 for inputs and outputs. Thanks in advance, p.s. has anybody ever seen Acidcat? Spot is one funny metherfucker! Fuck sting! PEACE!!

Message 3/7             26-Feb-98  @  01:24 AM   -   RE: I NEED HELP!! (kilo , can you help me please?

blunted man

Ok, scratch that. I figured that part out......Next in line, how do I mute out a channel when I want to use a channel for the prophecy? I play a nice solo, but I hear a backing from the DB50XG, I'm assuming it's from the XG.
After that, I have to figure out how to integrate my R8...any tips? I know, I want a lot...But you da man KILO!

Blunted

Message 4/7             26-Feb-98  @  01:41 PM   -   RE: I NEED HELP!! (kilo , can you help me please?

kilo

ok..and in reverse order.......... to remove the db50xg from playing, each track of the sequencer can be assigned to different destinations...... simply route the track with the prophecy on it to the midi external out.....

I would route the midi out from the pc to the R8 first.... then take the thru from the R8 to the prophecy...... make sue the Prophecy's LOCAL control is switched OFF...... ok....

label a cakewalk track as Prophecy Lead or whatever.... set that tracks output routing to EXTERNAL....... when you hit the Prophecy keys.... the midi data goes thru the PC.... routes out to the R8.... then thru to the Prophecy sound engine...... you wont get a loop, or doubled notes that way..... The R8 should be set to channel 10..... OMNI off...it will then ONLY respond to channel 10 drum data..... passing the rest thru to the Prophecy......All the controller data will also route thru to the Prophecy no problems.... there will be no delay discernable.....to play the R8..... you can construct a drum map inside the R8... so all the sounds are assigned to different midi notes..... Cakewalk allows you to build a custom drum list to load when using the R8 sounds..... so all the sounds are listed vertically like with a GM drum map..... ok to play the R8 sounds, simply play it from the Prophecy keys........If you want to play the R8 from it's own pads to input data to the PC, you'll need a midid Merge box..... bring the Prophecy and R8 OUT's , into the merge box IN's.... then take the out from that to the PC mdid in..... you can then tap your R8 rhythms into the pc using the R8 pads...... (no real benefit from this actually, cos if you set up a R8 drum map, you can access ALL the R8 sounds from the prophesy keys as oppsed to having to assign sounds to pads each time you want to build a new kit (boring)..... with the Prophecy playing the R8 and a drum map constructed, you can layer the drums etc.....

first case.......right..... weird the virus has no thru.... and a pain, cos you're onna have to spend some money........ you need to send keyboard notes into the pc from the Master Keyboard.... but, if you want to send data from the Virus from all it's wonderful controller knobs, (and you DONT want to have to map all those controls to your master keyboards controller options) then you will also want to output data to the pc from the virus too....... so unfortunately, this needs a midi Merge box.....It will be the best idea really.....If you get a 2 way one, you can have EITHER the Virus, OR the Master keys outputting data to the PC sequencer....

Then to get the midi out of the PC to the units, there is a new problem....... lack of midi Thru's....... RATS !!!........ so the only way is to do it like this.......

PC out------>S-2000 IN------->S-2000 THRU------>then your stuck (Unless, the Virus has a switchable Midi out which will also send data thru... Have you checked that??....)........ anyway...... get a midi Thru box as well,,,, They are very cheap....... and means you can happily add many more midi devices with no problems...... sorry,,,,,,,, but unless the Virus will send thru data via it's midi out socket you're shagged........ BUT..... a thru box is such a usefulll tool believe me.......Try JL Cooper, and Midi-man for cheap units..... I've got 2....... one Yamaha 2x4 way unit..... and a Casio 2 X 8 way (another wasted but brilliant discontinued Casio product !!).......they make life SOOOOO easy.....

The cheaper option is to just get the thru box, but map all the controllers that you want to twiddle on the virus to the master keyboard...... (that may not work, cos you may want access to maybe 6 controllers at once for the Virus, and I doubt your master keyboard gives that many controller sources......

The good news is.... once you get those boxes, and set it up..... your life will be happy !!!......and your system will be able to supposrt lots of extra kit......

Anyway...... double check the Virus manual....... to see if it WILL send Thru data via it's midi out.....

If it doesn't.......cheapest option is:

Keyboard OUT------>PC IN (keyboard plays and sends controller data to Virus & S-2000)

PC OUT--------> Midi Thru BOX-------> Thru-1---->to S-2000 / Thru-2-----> Virus / Thru-3------->383

More money option (but not that much...it's worth it !)

Keys OUT-----> Midi Merge box IN-1

Virus OUT----> Midi merge box IN-2

PC OUT------->as above with thru box.....

Message 5/7             26-Mar-98  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: I NEED HELP!! (kilo , can you help me please?

adams04

wonder if i need a box of tricks too?

Message 6/7             27-Mar-98  @  03:40 AM   -   RE: I NEED HELP!! (kilo , can you help me please?

HI!, anybody outhere knows how to emulate an 808
crash cymbal using analog modules like noise sources,
EGs, filters, etc. I wanna know the audio and control
path and the settings of the parameters in each module.
If anybody know the original setup (I mean the 808 stuff)
please e-mail me or write the answer here.
Ivan just answer me that I would take a look at Nord
Lead. Revision 2 (=NL2 and upgraded/new NL1's) that
has analog drum sounds and see how those are done.
It may be OK in USA or UK, but here, in my 3rd worldy
country (Uruguay) theres no NORD at all.
I have to travel to Argentina to get the VERY LAST
Prophecy in South America, before it was extints like a
dino.
He also names me Stomper but I have it and dosnīt have
any crash demo sound.
I program lot ot TResque drums in the Prophecy with
really great results on both sound and control.
Snares, bass drums, hi hats, also some analog percussion
stuff (rimshots, cowbells....) are not problem, but I actually
donīt know how to setup my Proph to get an 808 Crash
Cymbal.

Can you help me, Pleeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeee

Thanks

Dan

Kilo, you looks very wise in music technology, do you
know the answer? Thanks again

Message 7/7             27-Mar-98  @  03:42 AM   -   RE: I NEED HELP!! (kilo , can you help me please?

self_osc

HI!, anybody outhere knows how to emulate an 808
crash cymbal using analog modules like noise sources,
EGs, filters, etc. I wanna know the audio and control
path and the settings of the parameters in each module.
If anybody know the original setup (I mean the 808 stuff)
please e-mail me or write the answer here.
Ivan just answer me that I would take a look at Nord
Lead. Revision 2 (=NL2 and upgraded/new NL1's) that
has analog drum sounds and see how those are done.
It may be OK in USA or UK, but here, in my 3rd worldy
country (Uruguay) theres no NORD at all.
I have to travel to Argentina to get the VERY LAST
Prophecy in South America, before it was extints like a
dino.
He also names me Stomper but I have it and dosnīt have
any crash demo sound.
I program lot ot TResque drums in the Prophecy with
really great results on both sound and control.
Snares, bass drums, hi hats, also some analog percussion
stuff (rimshots, cowbells....) are not problem, but I actually
donīt know how to setup my Proph to get an 808 Crash
Cymbal.

Can you help me, Pleeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeee

Thanks

Dan

Kilo, you looks very wise in music technology, do you
know the answer? Thanks again

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)