aaa Status of new hammerhead? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Status of new hammerhead?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             28-Feb-98  @  12:01 AM   -   Status of new hammerhead?

djboobookitty

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

anyone got any skinny on what's up with the new version of hammerhead? I groove on the freeware so much, that I'm willin' to pay for the new one.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             28-Feb-98  @  03:37 AM   -   RE: Status of new hammerhead?

orprofi

I heard in new version of Hammerhead will be added MIDI Sync Signal for Synchro playing with your favorite sequencer (like in Rebirth).Also you can load your own samples - not 6 only - much more (don't know how much) and I heard what Hammerhead now is the part of Steinberg company (or something like this) and Hammerhead will be on sale through the Steinberg's distributors.

Message 3/10             28-Feb-98  @  09:51 AM   -   RE: Status of new hammerhead?

kilo

correct.... bram signed up with them last year...... shit... I had a deal for him as well, but I was too late to get him.... he'd aready signed !....... obviously, Steinberg have him on a retainer doing dvelopment....... so It's a good bet that it'll incorporate alot of rebirth type features/look...... plus greater poly etc..... retail will probably be that of rebirth........ obviously, steinberg are going for a full suite of synth and drum stuff to go with VST...... so maybe more s/w synths to come huh??.....

Message 4/10             28-Feb-98  @  05:19 PM   -   RE: Status of new hammerhead?

Jorges

So, when is it coming out?

Message 5/10             02-Mar-98  @  11:07 AM   -   RE: Status of new hammerhead?

kilo

dunno...... i mailed him on saturday to ask.... no reply yet....

Message 6/10             06-Mar-98  @  05:25 AM   -   RE: Status of new hammerhead?

fergm

That is too bad. One of the things I admired most about the program was how he criticised the Propellerheads for charging for their product, swearing that Hammerhead would always be free. All the same, I've used it so much I should have to pay for it.

Message 7/10             06-Mar-98  @  09:46 AM   -   RE: Status of new hammerhead?

Spot

Link?:  Link

Tizz true, but if yould written some music software that had been a great sucess in the freeware market, and some large orginisation came along and offered you a shit load of money, and a job with the company on a nice wedge of a salary, then yould take it would you?, you wouldnt exactley turn around and say, oh sorry steinwank, stick it up yer arse , i`m bound to the freeware, look at all the respect i`m getting

Message 8/10             07-Mar-98  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: Status of new hammerhead?

kilo

well, whatever...... Bram kindly allows us to continue distributing the wonderbar Hammerhead for FREE........ so there ya go !......... if the steinberg version is really worth the extra.... then you can buy it huh ?........ but..... there is another !........ (ok yoda !!)

Message 9/10             13-Mar-98  @  05:09 PM   -   RE: Status of new hammerhead?

Go to www.steinberg.net and check out the press release from the Frankfurt Musik Messe. B-Box will be out in the second quarter of 98 for $99.

Message 10/10             14-Mar-98  @  11:19 AM   -   RE: Status of new hammerhead?

Avene

Link?:  Link

It seems alright, but I don't think it will be that much better than the old version.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)