aaa S2000 and WAVs Help Please - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: S2000 and WAVs Help Please

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             01-Mar-98  @  05:50 AM   -   S2000 and WAVs Help Please

orprofi

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Please.Somebody.HELP!!!
I make my tunes at Home using CD-R, EWS64XL, SW60XG and Sample CDs with Cool Edit Pro- this program is great but when you use many Sound files together Cool Edit Pro crashes like Cool Edit Shit :-) , but it doesn't matter now.
The quality of completed song is very low.It sounds very very cold. Brr-rrr-rr. And I decided to re-arrange my song in music colledge . They have Ensoniq KS-32, Korg Wavestation, Roland SC-55, an old ATARI ST with old Cubase ver.2.08... and AKAI S-2000 with SCSI Hard Drive. So I run in one problem. How can I transfer Samples in WAV from PC Platform to AKAI S-2000 ?
If somebody had the same problem or know what to do , please , HELP . This is very important for me . Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             01-Mar-98  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: S2000 and WAVs Help Please

DJ Phallus

I had the same problem with my Akai MPC2000. I now use
Awave to convert samples. Maybe it works for the S2000 too
I dunno...

Message 3/10             02-Mar-98  @  03:46 AM   -   RE: S2000 and WAVs Help Please

orprofi

Thanks.I will try but i'm not sure: S2000 have a different Disk-format. And how can Awave write to Floppy on PC with S2000 formatted Disks.
May be somebody knows a little more. Help, pleeeease.

Message 4/10             02-Mar-98  @  11:03 AM   -   RE: S2000 and WAVs Help Please

kilo

if you download mesa s/w (t is at akai site, or here at sampling section - it can send samples to s-2000 via scsi...... if no scsi...then midi sampledump is very slow.....

Message 5/10             05-Mar-98  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: S2000 and WAVs Help Please

orprofi

Unfortunately S2000 is in Studio and they have Atari Computer. and my PC is here at home.
Can MESA write MIDI Files with Sample Dumps ?
If yes may be to try create MIDI file with SDS inside of file, load it in ATARI Sequencer and send to AKAI

Message 6/10             05-Mar-98  @  09:06 AM   -   RE: S2000 and WAVs Help Please

bassline

You can transfer wavs on to Akai disks using a program called Akaidisk, you can get it from here:

http://www.abel.co.uk/~maxim/

Message 7/10             05-Mar-98  @  04:19 PM   -   RE: S2000 and WAVs Help Please

kilo

dunno......... so ..... does mesa aloow you to format a wav file, omto a pc floopie as an akia sample ??...... anyone ??.........

Message 8/10             06-Mar-98  @  03:44 AM   -   RE: S2000 and WAVs Help Please

orprofi

Yeah, Kilo . You're Right. It's very funny.
I live in Moscow and speak Russian. I learned
DEUTSCH SPRACHE in school . English for me is a hobby. I've tried to write few messages above something important for me. Tried to understand my little problem with YOUR help. May be I choose wrong words to explain WHAT I NEED. I don't know . May be .
But i can see - you are very cheerful and merry guy.

Message 9/10             06-Mar-98  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: S2000 and WAVs Help Please

bassline

With MESA you need to be connected to the sampler to use it properly, you can drag a sample or program out of the sampler onto your hard drive where it will be a WAV, the only floppy you can then save it to is a PC. MESA will not format a floppy in a PC to Akai format.

The only program I know of for putting WAVs on an Akai floppy is AkaiDisk.

Message 10/10             17-Mar-98  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: S2000 and WAVs Help Please

I'm trying to do the same thing but converting from wav to esi-32 samples.
Any chance of details of how to do this.
I have a util that will copy disk formats but I also need to be able to convert the wav's into esi-32 format and then put them onto an emu format disk.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)