aaa ADAT XT for sale or trade? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: ADAT XT for sale or trade?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             05-Mar-98  @  12:16 AM   -   ADAT XT for sale or trade?

acid

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I got an ADAT XT with less than 60 hours on it. It comes with cables, manuals and some tapes. Works and looks like new. $$$ or trade it for some toys.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             05-Mar-98  @  01:12 AM   -   RE: ADAT XT for sale or trade?

orprofi

Very interesting.
How much does it cost ?

Message 3/9             06-Mar-98  @  09:44 PM   -   RE: ADAT XT for sale or trade?

acid

New ADAT XT costs about $3000-3500, it all depends where You get it. But, I might be a little bit off, since I didn't check the price of it lately. It's an 8 trak, digital recording deck with 8 analog inputs and 8 analog outpits, plus 2 fiber optics inputs and outputs, that can handle all 8 inputs and outputs. It uses ADAT tapes, which look like a video tape, but they record digital instead of analog. Each tape goes for around $15 and each tape let's You record about 60 min of 8 channel digital music. WOW!!! You can bounce tracks, delay tracks, You can set an allocation point(up to ten of them), for fast rewinding of fast forwarding. Every time You use it, it records how long You've been using it, and pressing two buttons at the same time You can check how long it's been used, so no one can tell You, that it's has been never used, and You check it and it has 1000 hours on it. Mine has less than 60 hours on it, so it's like a store demo. It has a lot more to it, but I don't feel like writing more about it. Instead, check out ALESIS web page. Would You be interested in buying this piece of quipement from me? Maybe You'd like to trade. Let me know.

Message 4/9             07-Mar-98  @  07:09 AM   -   RE: ADAT XT for sale or trade?

acid cat

I hate someone else using a name that resembles mine.
Whats your opinion about DA88 v's ADAT XT? Does the optical interface of the ADAT make it far superior in term of quality.( I'm thinking of getting a DA88 cause ADAT's pretty expensive).

Message 5/9             09-Mar-98  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: ADAT XT pricing

MrSkul

ADAT XTs are going for about $1800 new, if you can find them. Chances are, you won't, 'cus they've been replaced with the 20-bit version (about $2500, I think).

Message 6/9             09-Mar-98  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: ADAT XT for sale or trade?

acid

He,he,he....so we have another ACID on the web ,eh! I don't think I can answer your question regarding DA88, since I never used it myself. I was pretty happy with the ADAT, easy of use, cheap tapes etc.

Message 7/9             09-Mar-98  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: ADAT XT for sale or trade?

kilo

a guy i know has 3 of the fostex units sync'd for a commercial 24 track....and he reckoned they mysteriously deleted 8 tracks by copying some data over from another sync unit during the night !!!.... so anyhow,..... they can have problems too........ the adat is brilliant......we use an old first version one.... brilliant !!..... and you can get the cheap WAVECENTER card..... for direct 8 track transfer to pc...... so you can run your mixes from the pc, either recording direct to pc via the wavecenters/adats inputs...or get stuff down on tape... and transfer it for edits..... total mix....whatever......but it means you can fer instance.... record a vocal..... port it over to pc..... copy.... ofset...... add fx.... triple-track it.... remix it to the original track..... or... copy BV takes over a track... add drum loops to an adat composition.... etc etc..........doing this. saves the transport & heads.......use the adat as an 8 channel ADA..... remix on the pc.... then dump it down to adat tape for storage.... what could be simpler !!.... that way, your adat gets virtually NO head wear.... and you get all the editing possiblities of the fostex, tascam etc units..... plus....... you can sync the pc/wavecenter.....and mix the pc tracks out of the provided stereo outs.....either analog....to blend in with the adat outs/tape mix..... to get 10 tracks... or you can use something like sawplus....(with 16 or 24 internal stereo or mono tracks..... transfer the adat data over...... build up to 16/24 virtual racvks... then mix it all to 8 total outs.... or whatever... also you can archive say..vocal takes to dat via the cards s/pdif....... etc etc etc...... great card... and YES.... i saw it work...the distributor brought one over.... installed flawlessly.... and worked fantastic..

Message 8/9             10-Mar-98  @  03:44 AM   -   RE: ADAT XT for sale or trade?

acid cat

Thanks Kilo, you absolute legend, you.
In Australia ADAT XTs cost a f%@king mint, more than AUD$5000, its rank. I can't believe they sell for $1800 (US?). Plus the music dealers sell them as the latest model, not even realising that there's two new models relaesed. ( A friend just bought one two weeks ago and was told that the XT was the newly released model!!)

Message 9/9             10-Mar-98  @  01:43 PM   -   new ADATs

MrSkul

the new ones are the XT20, and the LX20 (cheaper variety). haven't seen anyone carrying one
yet. these guys got the cheapest US prices I've seen on many an item - including ADAT XT...

http://www.8thstreet.com/

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)