aaa Clicks as a result of bad looping - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Clicks as a result of bad looping

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             06-Mar-98  @  05:15 AM   -   Clicks as a result of bad looping

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Ok, ok, I've commited one of the cardinal sins of the samplist... I made some loops of .wav files, just to try them out, but they are SO perfect.... So I can't not use them... Problem is, they click cuz I didn't loop 'em at zero crossings... But If I use something like Cool Edit and find zero crossings, they won't loop to time... And I'm wary of finding cross points and then timestretching to fit, cuz these loops are just fucking perfect and were done with my little analogue (IE I can't just play the MIDI file again or switch back to a preset... ) So, they make the terrible PoP! that samples will make if you fuck up and loop 'em badly.. Any ideas on how I could get rid of the clicks without fucking up my loops??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             06-Mar-98  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: Clicks as a result of bad looping

djboobookitty

Link?:  No link

just lower the volume to nothing where it pops. You can normalize to 0% in cool edit, if i remember properly

Message 3/3             06-Mar-98  @  11:12 PM   -   RE: Clicks as a result of bad looping

kilo

Link?:  No link

yeah.... just load it into a programme with a multitrack, where you can do auto volume fades.....like the wonderful sawplus..... set it on a track.,...... do a tiny volume fade-out at the end.....resample it internally with fader move included..... sorted !!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)