aaa SERVEY:seqencing software - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: SERVEY:seqencing software

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             07-Mar-98  @  04:37 PM   -   SERVEY:seqencing software

Elle

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I would like you guys out there to give me some
imput on the audio/midi recording software
you like the best. Right now I am using Master Tracks Pro. I have demoed Cakewalk, ProLogic, and Cubase. Thus far I haven't liked the effects in Cake for audio, and Cubase was totally cool on effects but no midi controller sliders for midi effects. Actually, only found that on Master Tracks. And it's great because you can slide the controller with your mouse in realtime and adjust the effects . With the other programs you enter the contoller # . I have a PC88mx. Cubase really lacks midi controllers. Prologic , only has 2.0 as a demo, and there was no drawing pad for creating continuos controllers.
So... anyone have anything to add? I like being able to sync vidieo, adjust midi controllers in realtime, as for audio effects, I can get plugins like sonic foundry. Every one I demoed has got draw backs, Except I have no idea if the up to date version of Pro Logic is any good. Thanks everyone for your imput .......L

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             07-Mar-98  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: SERVEY:seqencing software

houseman

When you say Pro Logic, I assume you are refering to Logic Audio. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

All the things you are asking for in a sequencer is available in Logic Audio 3.0. You can create custom faders and assign them to any continuious controllers or sysex strings. You also have a dedicated window for drawing in controllers or editing them after recording the movements of the faders.

Their latest demo should be on their web site at:

http://www.emagic.de/

Message 3/6             07-Mar-98  @  11:49 PM   -   RE: SERVEY:seqencing software

Ellenyb

Their only demo is 2.0 . They want me to dish out $700. and I can't even get the demo to record audio. There isn't anywhere to choose inputs for audio , just midi. Let's face it this demo sucks!! I am relying on everyone's input here I guess. Although I haven't had any problems running VST with their demo, too many people complain about cubase, it does have some nice edit capabilities, more than that stupid logic demo. If you know how I can asign the audio imput would you let me know. I would at least like to try it before buying. What about Cakewalk Audio VS. Logic Audio?

Message 4/6             09-Mar-98  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: SERVEY:seqencing software

Avene

Link?:  Link

Logic is by far the best, if you don't mind spending a while setting it up properly to suit your needs. There's a lot to learn, but you can't beat Hyper Edit for creating drum parts, and the audio section of the new version sounds great. The timing is better than Cubase also.

Message 5/6             09-Mar-98  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: SERVEY:seqencing software

kilo

but logic is the crappest for driver support for audio cards....... there are always problems.....and especially with the newer multi-out cards, cos Emagic want you to use audiowerks......

The controller bit in cakewalk is the nutz !!...... just select controller....... and draw in with pencil....really smooth..... cubase fer some reasson always draws on lumps...... and leaves a level +1 at the end.... you cant seem to draw some controller data curves, then end it at nothing..... it always seems to draw a bvlock at maximum going off to the right..... into infinity..... obviously you cut the pattern end off, and it's not there.... but what i mean is...... you dont seem to be able to for example put in a single small setting for filter res, fer example....... just a tiny res controller bit added at the beginning of a bar......... cubase it's true doent have the fader fert controller.... but it does have mixermaps..... you make 'em yourself for each device...... fiddly tho......... but i never use the faders in cakewalk for controller data.... i always use the pencil tool as it's so good... (unless i'm recording it in klive from a control knob........

VST seems very good.... but.... how does one get a stable machine..... so many variables..... never 2 machines the same with the same setup and specs'..... wierd !!...... dunno about cake V6........ (comments above are about V5...which is solid but has no fx, and no multi out support)....... I installed V6 demo.... but mouse goes walkies all the time like a bloody jumpnig bean..... aint had time to mess with it yet.......
overall, IF vst worked right, it is great..... especially the remixing bit..... and adding fx is a piece of piss......... plus.....drum-map.... the best fer drums with X0X style grid..... love it......... so....... thats what i think.... vst definately has the best overall card support, and fx support...but soundblasters seem not to like it much..... mind you.....they are crap...... Love that vst........ but worried about stability......and especially solidity of timing for the clock, when using audio tracks......

Message 6/6             09-Mar-98  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: SERVEY:seqencing software

Ellenyb

Thanks for you imput Avene and Kilo!

Ya gott watch it when you talk about hyper draw or hyper anything it's a MAC function. And my not work on PC but then again, I may be wrong, But it is a Mac term.

Now I'm gonna put a bee in everyone's bonnet, check out www.cakewalk.com and take a look at what there saying CAKEWALK 7 will do . Its coming out now! Crap, more decisions to make LOL.

Kilo, good point about the lack of support for soundcards because I don't want audiomedia or work. These new ones are blowing them away. Sure then I'll find out nothing works together. FORGET THAT!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)