aaa nEED some distortion..Help please - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: nEED some distortion..Help please

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             08-Mar-98  @  03:53 PM   -   nEED some distortion..Help please

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I want to add some distortion to my synth. Are there any fx racks available for distortion, or should i use a guitar pedal?

Thanks

-gOrk

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             09-Mar-98  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: nEED some distortion..Help please

A pedal will do ya just fine. For some pretty fat distortion check out Boss, and Marshal stomp boxes.

Message 3/11             09-Mar-98  @  05:47 AM   -   RE: nEED some distortion..Help please

kilo

agreed..... its THE origimal...... I use THE RAT !!.and a boss turbo distortion... whah whah pedals do great filter sweeps.... real analog filters , like on old cry baby's luvly !!...heh heh...... actually, you can get some amazing nioises and harmonic stuff if you bung the distorted guitar thro to the amp which has it's overdrive turned on.....

Message 4/11             09-Mar-98  @  05:50 AM   -   RE: nEED some distortion..Help please

kid303

The lovetone meatball box is meant to be the best. I'd like to get one.Used by all the best lo-fi artists like fat boy slim and portishead.

Message 5/11             09-Mar-98  @  11:00 AM   -   RE: nEED some distortion..Help please

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Well, I've got a little Korg Pandora FX left over from my guitar days... And I love the tone... But my Marshall stack has been at somebody's house for months.. I can't wait to run my fucking synth thru that!! HAHA!

Message 6/11             09-Mar-98  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: nEED some distortion..Help please

Boss Metal Zone. The parametric kicks.

Message 7/11             09-Mar-98  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: nEED some distortion..Help please

iskross

Yeah...Lovetone does the coolest stomps around...
I have an ol' BigMuff too....really kicks ass....
Go for stomps....it's soooo.....well....lo-fi

-Marcus

Message 8/11             09-Mar-98  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: nEED some distortion..Help please

kilo

fuck.....a big muff !!... christ they zing abit with a guitar tho huh>??.... i found mine a bit thin.. i'd lerv a small-stone phaser tho !!...... hey..... my mate made a res filter foot pedal ...... pretty wicked....... he made it out of RS parts i think......... just use it as you play like a whah whah.... but it's got res'.......

Message 9/11             10-Mar-98  @  12:54 AM   -   lo-fi?

What do u mean by LO-FI?

Message 10/11             10-Mar-98  @  01:52 PM   -   distortion

MrSkul

i'm particular to my SansAmp. i've got a metal zone and never use it (too brittle sounding).
the SansAmp is beefy as hell.

Message 11/11             10-Mar-98  @  04:46 PM   -   RE: nEED some distortion..Help please

iskross

Whoops....did I forgot to tell you an important thing??
Yes I did!!!!
I use my BigMuff in BYPASS mode...And burn the hell out of it. Hehe...if you switch it on you can only hear a big crunch what ever u feed thru it....
-Marcus

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)