aaa digital-out + dat vs. cdrom burner - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: digital-out + dat vs. cdrom burner

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             10-Mar-98  @  02:44 PM   -   digital-out + dat vs. cdrom burner

globalbionics

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've been reading and considering all of Kilo's excellent suggestions about getting
a soundcard with a digital out and recording stuff to DAT machine(btw, making
waves is the absolute shit - amazing!!!). However, I'm curious if something else
might work. Could one record all their soundcard output to a wav file and then
burn the wav directly to audio cd? can making waves do this(I've not got the
registered version yet). it'd wouldn't be perfect but for someone on a budget(like
me!) it would be nice because the cd-burner could be used for other purposes too,
while still giving good digital recordings of my music.

any thoughts?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             10-Mar-98  @  06:26 PM   -   RE: digital-out + dat vs. cdrom burner

Junkie XL

Yeah, I do it a lot with Fast Tracker II, but don't think Making Waves has that option (but that's because Making Waves plainly sucks!... Can't see why there are so many people who like it; everyone can program a thing like that, if only I had Visual C++, I would all give you a freeware version of a similar program! Ok back to the subject... I guess there is one disadvantage: if your soundcard is not top quality, it may sound different through your stereo if playing it from the cd instead of the (analogue) outs of your soundcard... However there is one huge advantage: since everyone has a CD player, you can play your stuff on everyone's system; well you know how Kilo keeps talking about listening to your own music on different stereos... Of course you can't wipe cd-r's but they are dead-cheap these days so I guess it should fit perfectly in your budget.

Message 3/4             10-Mar-98  @  09:24 PM   -   RE: digital-out + dat vs. cdrom burner

What do u mean by outputting everything, what do u use that u would need to output it and then record it back to your sound card. If u keep it in a computer ALL THE TIME and then burn a CD, u won't lose nething. This is what I do:

Record All my External shit (which is mostly analog), convert it directly to Digital with an xternal digital audio converter, then digitally transfer it though digital ins in my sound card. For me it works a lot better then just going directly into the soundcard. Then I edit it and shit in the computer and record on CD. Thats a good way in my opinion. Better than spending all my loot on a dat.

Message 4/4             11-Mar-98  @  01:16 PM   -   RE: digital-out + dat vs. cdrom burner

kilo

er.... but if you get a dat.. you get the converters included...... then you add the s/pdif card..... and use the dat DA's to monitor.......and making waves does remix to audio..... and it works with lots of GOOD soundcards......

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)