aaa ACCESS VIRUS TROUBLES????Rumour of Fact? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: ACCESS VIRUS TROUBLES????Rumour of Fact?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             16-Mar-98  @  06:24 AM   -   ACCESS VIRUS TROUBLES????Rumour of Fact?

amnesia

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have heard a rumour that ACCESS VIRUS has got problems
I want to purchase one but want to feel at ease first.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             16-Mar-98  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: ACCESS VIRUS TROUBLES????Rumour of Fact?

kilo

never heard of a problem......where did you get this from...and what problem is it supposed to be.....??...

Message 3/6             16-Mar-98  @  10:24 AM   -   RE: ACCESS VIRUS TROUBLES????Rumour of Fact?

kilo

and i'd also say that my mate Andy has just spent a year upgrading his studio...mixer....sampler.....h/d unit, dat, etc etc..........EVERY SINGLE THING HE BOUGHT HAD TO BE RETURNED AT LEAST ONCE !!!.......... yes...ALL of it was faulty......and it was all brand new straight from the company boxed and warranteed...... he went thru about 3 mixers from different manufacturers...... faults........latest one... the disk drive is fucked on the A-3000........ the hard disk units were faulty too...... ..... he was absolutely flabbergasted at the error rate........ so it just goes to show........ ALL the manufacturers even the biggies like yamaha, etc have faults........i think this is alot to do with a shift over to new manufacturing in places like china, etc..... this can happen....remeber the old JTS drives when they came out had a massive error rate cos it was a new factory in India....... now after a refit, those drivesa are 100% as good as any other for reliablity...yet the reputation follows them ......and some less informed people stilll go around saying they are rubbish.......because they 'Heard' it from some source..... I think the Virus like any other unit could have a fault......... but i never happened tyo hear it.... and even if it did......that could have been one, or a batch or whatever.....if it;'s gonna be bought new.......then it's no problemo right !!.... cos the shop/distributor will just give you another one......

Message 4/6             16-Mar-98  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: ACCESS VIRUS TROUBLES???? - Explained

globalbionics

I believe you are referring to the following:

The virus has a flash updateable rom inside it so that whenever there are problems or new
features, you can simply download a small midi file(filled with sysex data) and then
upload the sysex data to your virus. When you do this, your virus can have totally new
features(and sometimes, sadly, bugs). For example, when the first version of the virus
was releases there was no appriagator. however, now there is and to get this new feature, all
you have to do is download the small sysex file and upload it to the flash-rom chip in the
virus. unlike other instruments, you don't need to go to your dealer and have them install
a new chip or anything - just download the new features. VERY cool!!!

what has happened is that (in my opinion) because it is so easy to update the virus, some
releases have been sent out which had bugs in them and then where quickly fixed. what it
sounds like to me (being a programmer myself and having to deal with this sort of thing often),
is that the programmers where rushed because the business people wanted to get the product
shipping by a certain date. so, knowing that they could easily issue an updated rom, some
bugs where in the initial update. from what i've heard, the version one rom(about a year old)
had some problems. however the current rom(version 1.5) is great from what i've heard(i don't
own a virus yet).

it is sooo nice that you can simply download new features to your gear. for example, the new
rom lets you sync lfo, appagiators, and delay to midi clock! plus, the devolopers are very friendly,
the virus mailing list has sent a wishlist of items to be added to them and they are looking at
which things are doable. hopefully the will be able to add a small 16-step sequencer to the
virus! plus, keep in mind - if/when they do, it is FREE to upgrade. just download the new rom -
you don't have to go to your dealer and have them install a new physical chip.

btw, i don't work for the virus people and actually don't even have one of my own yet!  

Message 5/6             23-Mar-98  @  03:31 PM   -   RE: ACCESS VIRUS TROUBLES????Rumour of Fact?

creature.c.

if i buy an access virus will it work!!!!!
I phoned Thoman in germany and they said they
would'nt sell me one because all the ones they have
sold they have been sent back.
please help!

Message 6/6             01-Apr-98  @  09:49 AM   -   RE: ACCESS VIRUS TROUBLES????Rumour of Fact?

marian

I have one virus and I hane no problems
I use OS v1.51

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)