aaa Tascam MIDI STUDIO 644, HELP!! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Tascam MIDI STUDIO 644, HELP!!

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             21-Mar-98  @  02:09 AM   -   Tascam MIDI STUDIO 644, HELP!!

lfo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I got this Tascam too, and no el-manualo. I can't figure out how to get the tracks I record out of the strereo outputs. Ever time I record something is always ends going out the tape outs, which is four separate outputs! And how do I adjust the levels after I've recorded the tracks. Anyone????? Help!! thnx,lfo

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             07-Apr-98  @  06:44 AM   -   RE: Tascam MIDI STUDIO 644, HELP!!

t.g.noyes

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

It all comes down to the Midistudio's internal routing settings which can be quite complex, especially without a manual! Try contacting TEAC (the latest # I have for USA is 213-726-0303). I will just tell you that you must assign your channels to either/or Group 1-2, 3-4, have the desired group output hooked up to your amp, then in the Monitor section have the group volume knob turned up, have the group select button pushed in, and have the Monitor Master turned up. All this with the correct internal routing scheme will give you output from the Group outputs to monitor with.
To playback your recorded tracks through the fader channels and be able to adjust volume, you must again have the proper routing scheme selected: channel 1-4 set to Tape input and assigned to whatever groups you want to output to for mixing/monitoring, and then you can use the faders, EQ, etc... for mixing recorded tape tracks. I know this is sketchy, but the manual is definitely the best way to understand the complex routing schemes afforded by this unit. Good Luck!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)