aaa Performing Live with an Atari ST... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Performing Live with an Atari ST...

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             21-Mar-98  @  01:18 PM   -   Performing Live with an Atari ST...

Mo'slo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Lo ppl,
Is an Atari ST stable enough to use it as a live sequencer?
And are Cubase files on the PC and Atari exchangable (since the disk format is). For example, can I compose the tunes on the PC and play them live on the Atari ST?)
Oh and can I choose patterns with Cubase quickly; for example when performing live I want to select what pattern comes next...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             21-Mar-98  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: Performing Live with an Atari ST...

kilo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

well, i dunno about trnasfering songs or ARR's from pc to atari, but midifiles can easily be transfered.... just format a pc disk at 720 mb NOT 1.44 then save the file, and it should load as a midifile in the atari..... it works from atari to pc....... dunno about the other way round....... as for atari live..... they are well solid.... BUT.... please learn the key commands, cos the mouse jumps around alot when the bass gets going........
what you can do is either have each song as a bunch of 2, 4, 8 or 16 or whatever l3ength patterns, one on each track.... then switch tracks on and off........ otherwise run it in a normal linear sequence across the screen, and again mute tracks/patterns by muting tracks.....

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)