aaa triggering samples in IT from an MC303 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: triggering samples in IT from an MC303

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             22-Mar-98  @  11:30 PM   -   triggering samples in IT from an MC303

bayling

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Help! I'm scared!
Ok, I'm doing a big (ish) gig very soon, and the midi equipment I've got at the
moment is an Roland groovebox and a JP8000. The thing is, nearly all the music I've written so far is on a tracker, and I want to *play* live, not just press play in FT2.
I know you can trigger a sample in IT from an external midi source, and it can be polyphonic, but is there any way I could play more than one sample at a time? (eg set a breakbeat going and then switch to a pad to play over it).

Any help would be _very_ much appreciated!

cheers,

ed bayling.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             23-Mar-98  @  08:51 AM   -   RE: triggering samples in IT from an MC303

kilo

what is 'IT' ?

Message 3/5             23-Mar-98  @  09:14 PM   -   RE: triggering samples in IT from an MC303

bayling

Doh! I could have made _that_ a bit clearer. IT stands for Impulse Tracker, which surprisingly enough is a pc tracking program.

Message 4/5             24-Mar-98  @  09:28 AM   -   RE: triggering samples in IT from an MC303

sedwards

Umm, I could be way off the mark here but.....

For starters, I was under the impression that you can use an external midi keyboard in FT2 as well as IT. Correct me if I'm wrong...

But anyways, if you're gonna have your PC sitting on stage with you then couldn't you do something like load the samples you are using into IT, then trigger the breakbeat sample (loop the sucker so it keeps playing) - then switch to the next track in IT and change to the pad sample/instrument, and you should be able to play along... (I think). The downfall is that you'd have to have the PC within reach.

Can't say I've tried this with an external keyboard because I'm too poor too buy one (but it should work. It could actually be fairly cool. Hope this helps a bit..

Message 5/5             24-Mar-98  @  10:18 AM   -   RE: triggering samples in IT from an MC303

kilo

i'd say your best bet is to sync the MC & Jp (if you wanna sync the arpeggiator etc) to the IT programme if it can send out clock data.......then leave out the bits from IT that you wanna play live.... then just play over the top as IT plays the backing........

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)