aaa Should I get a drum machine? HELP!! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Should I get a drum machine? HELP!!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             24-Mar-98  @  01:02 AM   -   Should I get a drum machine? HELP!!

Destroy2K

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

As my primary drum machine / sequencer I use the MPC 2000. I love the MPC for sequencing and sampling. but I was thinking about getting another drum machine, I was thinking of the Jomox Xbase thing, because Its kinda hard to like find the right samples for drums, but I FIGure that i can tweek around with the Jomox and it would be easer for me. I was also looking at the BOSS DR. RYTHM Machine too.

What do u think? Should I just search around for the right samples?

tHANX,
D2K

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             24-Mar-98  @  01:15 AM   -   RE: Should I get a drum machine? HELP!!

Vault

Don't tell me that you can't get a descent sound out of your MPC2000!!! You make me laught, there are tons of TR-Sounds out there, if you can't make anything out of them, sell the thing and start playing the guitar...or cut on the booze!!

Message 3/9             24-Mar-98  @  11:26 AM   -   RE: Should I get a drum machine? HELP!!

andreas.lindell

Download a drum-sequencer, for example Hammerhead and
then download drumsounds, it doesn't cost more than the
IT-cost. You can get all drums you want.

Message 4/9             24-Mar-98  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: Should I get a drum machine? HELP!!

MartinB

Most decent sample cd's have tons of good sampled drum sounds. My novation drumstation has excellent tweakable 909 and 808 drum sounds too.

Message 5/9             07-Apr-98  @  02:56 AM   -   RE: Should I get a drum machine? HELP!!

artbum

There's nothing like the feel of a real drum machine. If you're still interested in a Boss Dr. Rythm, I have one I'm not using anymore that I could sell (might buy a 909). It's in excellent condition, sounds great, and is very easy to use.

Message 6/9             07-Apr-98  @  04:45 AM   -   RE: Should I get a drum machine? HELP!!

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

ooh, you funny people. Feel of a real drum machine, an MPC IS a drum machine. Ditch that shitty MPC, get a tracker & step up to the big boys.....;(

Message 7/9             07-Apr-98  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: Should I get a drum machine? HELP!!

Shit head

Errr what's a tracker

Message 8/9             07-Apr-98  @  01:53 PM   -   RE: Should I get a drum machine? HELP!!

kilo

whoops !!........ now the MPC's getting slagged ......er....... I'd add a modelling or real analog unit like the drumstation or Jomox..... then you get the best of both worlds......

Message 9/9             07-Apr-98  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: Should I get a drum machine? HELP!!

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

err...I was kidding. Hey, I used to have a Drumstation and ditched it 'cause it's too expensive (your sampler's more powerful anyway)

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)