aaa please help me with mixers - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: please help me with mixers

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             26-Mar-98  @  04:02 AM   -   please help me with mixers

gorkz321

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am looking for a mixer and I was reading the MIXER section of dance tech, but i got one basic question.

What are the AUX sends? Is that so I can route an FX processot and then choose which channel I want to apply it to?

Sorry if I sound stupid
ThanX,
GoRK

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             26-Mar-98  @  10:09 AM   -   RE: please help me with mixers

Andy

Aux sends are assignable outs from the mixer channels so as you can send the signal on that channel to external devices and then return the signal back to the mixer once you've done whatever you needed to do to it, say add a reverb. There are other things you can use them for, but this is the most common application.

Message 3/4             26-Mar-98  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: please help me with mixers

kilo

yup.......set up a reverb..... and send selected amounts of the individual channels audio out via it's aux-send control knob... the sound travel;s from the mixer cahnnel, down the auxilliary buss........to an output socket....... plug the output, into your fx processor........ then take the fx oututs (stereo for reverb)....out and back in to the mixer....either in via dedicated aux return inputs (from where the reverb is belnded into the stereo mix.....).... or bring the fx outputs back into the mixer via a couple of spare input chnnels....

aux sends can also be used to send sounds out to a headphone amplifier..... so you can create a mix from all the input channels for someone to listen too while playing along...... or use them to send a signal from a mixer channel to your sampler or hard disk sytem to record..... etc

Message 4/4             26-Mar-98  @  08:56 PM   -   RE: please help me with mixers

So then will you hear the dry sound on top of the wet sound or only the wet sound?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)