aaa CD Recorders - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: CD Recorders

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             01-Apr-98  @  09:37 PM   -   CD Recorders

David

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just wondering about which recorders are cool and which to avoid. Also, which have really good included software for audio CD's.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             02-Apr-98  @  09:50 AM   -   RE: CD Recorders

Trigger

I've used a Yamaha for two years with no problems. Most software will do the basic job with 3 sec gaps between tracks. For cross fades etc you probably have to spend a bit more on software. Anyone know names? WinOn-CD Gear(pretty basic but works). Toast on Mac. blah blah. The only disks I ever had problems with were Maxell.
There is a new home hifi CD writer/rewriter from philips. Just looks like a hifi cd player but records. It takes digital in too so if your geared up you can master straight from your desk to cd for about £350 from Richer Sounds. If I didn't have a PC and access to a writer I'd buy one.

Message 3/7             02-Apr-98  @  12:25 PM   -   RE: CD Recorders

Clemens.Kurtz

Hi!

I use a Yamaha CD-R 400 (internal) SCSI-recorder without any problems. Software Easy-CD-Pro was included and is very easy for audio-recording- and storage-tasks.

I can recommend you this recorder.

Ciao

Clemens

Message 4/7             02-Apr-98  @  07:13 PM   -   RE: CD Recorders

David

Thanks guys, was wondering if anyone has checked the new Sonic Foundry CD Factory. It's an external unit (Panasonic 4 x 8 MKE-7502B CDR) with a SCSI card and the CD Architect and Sound Forge XP software. It's going for eight bills here in the states and does that sound worth the dosh?

Message 5/7             02-Apr-98  @  07:34 PM   -   RE: CD Recorders

kilo

the PLASMON cdr is very good....... and very cheap at abouit 325 (UK) last time i checked it.......

Message 6/7             03-Apr-98  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: CD Recorders

LICK

What about the Roland stand alone.

Message 7/7             03-Apr-98  @  03:38 AM   -   RE: CD Recorders

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

My Phillips cdd2000 was $300 with burning s/w, but it's kind of jacked. In the end that's $450 w/ the scsi card.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)