aaa How to send syx-files to my JV-1080 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: How to send syx-files to my JV-1080

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             08-Apr-98  @  10:25 AM   -   How to send syx-files to my JV-1080

andreas.lindell

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have downloaded the Super JV program and
some patches. Now, how do I send them to
my JV-1080. How do the patches fit, I'm thinking
of the memory.

Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             08-Apr-98  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: How to send syx-files to my JV-1080

It's me

Somebody help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 3/5             08-Apr-98  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: How to send syx-files to my JV-1080

It's me again!

Can I save syx files on data cards for the JV, so that
I can load them when I want to?

Message 4/5             08-Apr-98  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: How to send syx-files to my JV-1080

I had the Super JV program a while back but i couldn't get the patches to import from or export to the JV 2080 - I emailed the program writers in Italy and they sent me a thing called Dumpster which is a basic sysex transfer program - I wanted to check out some of their patches! So I can't help you with the Super JV program itself but if you just want to check out some patches get hold of Dumpster. ( I don't have the installable on my hard drive any more other wise I'd email it to you) It's a very simple utility. Basically you load the sysex file into Dumpsters sysex buffer and then send it to the unit - be warned it will overwrite the currently selected patch in your user bank so do a sysex dump of that patch into Dumpster if you want to be sure not to lose it. Forget saving onto the data cards - have you checked the price of them ? I can't remember exactly what it was but it was ludicrous. Hope this works for you.

Tim

Message 5/5             10-Apr-98  @  02:35 AM   -   RE: How to send syx-files to my JV-1080

Brenballs

Just make sure the midi in and midi out setting in the software is correct. If the software is working prpoerly, any changes made on the software should be changing on the jv-1080 at the same time. You could try another piece of software that I use called "Change-it". It is a very useful piece of software for saving patches and performances and rythm sets as sysex and it has great editing features for all the sounds..really good software.
Your edited or loaded user patches will be saved into 128 user patch spots. It only takes a few seconds to load an entire bank of sounds from the computer so you could save all of your patches on your puter!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)