aaa Need manual/library for Emax - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Need manual/library for Emax

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             13-Apr-98  @  03:49 AM   -   Need manual/library for Emax

Influx5150

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I found and Emax1-gonna learn how deal with it, but I only have apartial manual and no sample library-Once I learn to sample myself I can build my own, but until then, does anyone have anything they can send me? Especially bass synth samples!
Hey Kilo-any advice on getting started with this thing? btw I got it for $200-I think I got a good deal(?)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             13-Apr-98  @  04:12 AM   -   RE: Need manual/library for Emax

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Actually.... (I hate trying to pawn stuff off people but..) If anyone in tha US has got a spare SE OS disk, I'd like to get a copy of it... Hey, man, if you've got a computer that can write to DDDS disks, you can get all the shit you need... I don't, so I'm bummin... There's a program called EMX that will write to EMAX formatted disks... And the website that's got it has a bunch of factory disks on .zip for it, IF you can write to DDDS disks... They've even got the oh-so-famous-and -plugged-by-Kilo "Bliss" disk.... My computer is too Nu Skool to write to those old disks.... OH! ::Slaps self in head:: The URL!!!
http://www.aimnet.com/~qsite/emax/home.html
There you go!!

Message 3/6             13-Apr-98  @  05:02 AM   -   RE: Need manual/library for Emax

self_osc

OOOOPSSSS! I think Sedusa wants to say you "www.aminet.com.....", not "www.aimnet.com....", but because I'm not very informed about the site I can't say it's true, so try both URLs.

Let me say you that this is a FUCKING GREAT DEAL!
$200 for an original Emax is a bargain, man!
Don't you expect lot of polyphony (8) or sampling memory (512Kb no expandible), but a powerful raw 12/8/12 bits sampling engine with REAL resonant analog filters.
This machine can act like a very versatile synth due the list of dynamic and digital DSP parameters it has inside.
Try to get the SEsoftware thats expands its synthesis capabilities with stunning DSPs like Transform Multiplication (a function that performs a kind of harmonic merge of 2 samples).
Remember that a lot of electronic music stars (i.e. Depeche Mode, Trent Reznor, etc.) where use this machine for years in both live and studio situations.
Also it has a little sequencer that can act like a
kind of ideas sketchpad or live playback device, and 8 individual outputs!!!!!

Last line: buy it......at this price you can't go wrong with it.

Dan

Message 4/6             13-Apr-98  @  07:05 AM   -   RE: Need manual/library for Emax

influx

I checked that site, adn , unfortunately, I have a"new school" computer as well, so am I shit outta luck(as far as that direction?)- is there a way to make my computer write to DSDD disks? There was a hell of a lot of stuff at that site, and until I learn all that sampling for myself, all I ahve is a disk with guitar sounds on it that the guy I bought it from gave me. Hey Seduse-just out of curiosity, is the SE a different OS? If not(which it probably is) then I can send you a copy of mine, cuz thats one thing I've learned how to do already is copy disks.Let me know here or at influx5150@hotmail.com
I'll be glad to hook you up if I can. Also, If you live in the LA area, call the Recycler-"it's free!" YOu could run an ad there-maybe that would turn something up-or you could get ahold of EMU, ya know?
Anyway-anybody else got anything for me? I'm gonna get my bass going soon-that should come up with some cool sounds-but I just have to figure this damn thing out first. How bout some help so I can get to it while I'm waiting for a manual. Kilo?

Message 5/6             13-Apr-98  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: Need manual/library for Emax

self_osc

The SE is a software thats run perfectly in an original Emax.

Dan

Message 6/6             13-Apr-98  @  01:28 PM   -   RE: Need manual/library for Emax

Sedusa

The SE Operating system adds a cheesy synthesis engine to the Emax's capabilities.... (Hey man, I copied the URL offa my bookmark and it worked this morning....) I live 5 miles! from EMU, but I think that the SE upgrade still costs about 20 bucks...

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)