aaa DJ-70 mkII - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: DJ-70 mkII

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             13-Apr-98  @  07:08 AM   -   DJ-70 mkII

jefb

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I need to know if the Roland DJ-70 mkII has midi-syncable LFO's. I'm thinking of buying one and none of the shops around here have one (or a manual) in stock. They're telling me it's around $1400.00 now. Have any of you heard better prices? Also, any other minutia about this machine would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance. Jef

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             16-Apr-98  @  11:34 AM   -   RE: DJ-70 mkII

loving

WARNING - WARNING - Don't do it...DJ=70 is a BUG RIDDEN piece of software shit....I told ya...

Message 3/5             17-Apr-98  @  07:15 AM   -   RE: DJ-70 mkII

jefb

Thanks for the warning. Anyone else out there agree... disagree...?

Message 4/5             27-Apr-98  @  06:08 AM   -   RE: DJ-70 mkII

cutter

Yeah, I've got some interest in the DJ-70MkII as well ... what zactly is the nature of these bugs? For all the hype, they are a little bit thin on the ground ... nobody seems to have a demo unit in Australia. Is Roland holding back release until they get the OS sorted?
Cheers.

Message 5/5             27-Apr-98  @  07:25 AM   -   RE: DJ-70 mkII

Jef

It seems doubtful that Roland is holding back the unit to fix the OS. It's been out in the states for about a year and a half. The only bug I've heard about was mentioned in the Omid Nourizadeh (16B) interview in the current Future Music magazine. Omid sez that if the DJ-70mk2 is expanded to 32 megs, it will crash your samples when you try to go to "performance resample," but it works normally at 16 meg. Maybe that's just his. I'd like to know what the other bugs are. One thing's for sure, the DJ-70 is an oddity, and specific info about it is hard to come by.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)