aaa help with hammerhead - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: help with hammerhead

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/18             14-Apr-98  @  03:05 AM   -   help with hammerhead

manchest

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

some of the samples I have been getting of the net work great with this little gadget but for some reason alot of the samples I use make a realy annoying clicking noise. Is there anything I can do to fix these samples so I can use them. If not is there a site or something that has good synth or bass samples that can be used with hammerhead. thanx Chris

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             14-Apr-98  @  04:47 AM   -   RE: help with hammerhead

sedwards

Are you using RAW files? It's the only format that the HH Makebank proggy likes.

If you try and use WAV's then you get the click sound. You gotta convert 'em to RAW file format with something like Goldwave or Cool Edit.

Message 3/18             14-Apr-98  @  05:12 AM   -   RE: help with hammerhead

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Also, if they overlap themselves at a non zero crossing point, you get that awful bad sample clik.... Try putting stereo samples in Hammerhead for fun..

Message 4/18             14-Apr-98  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: help with hammerhead

kilo

you get the MAKEBANK.EXE file with hammerhead... use that to convert and build RAW sample banks to load to hammerhead...

Message 5/18             14-Apr-98  @  02:52 PM   -   RE: help with hammerhead

manchest

I have cooledit but I don't know how to convert the wav. files to raw files. How do I go about doing this.

Chris

Message 6/18             14-Apr-98  @  03:24 PM   -   RE: help with hammerhead

kilo

mate.... look inside the hammerhead folder.... you'll find something called MAKEBANK.EXE.... double click it, and then you compile banks of raw files from .wav's that are on your hard drive... then assign banks you created froma pull-down list that appears in hammerhead.......

Message 7/18             14-Apr-98  @  04:47 PM   -   RE: help with hammerhead

influx5150

I cant even get the damn thing to work-I'm gonna sound like a moron here, but I realized that why it wasnt working before was because I didnt have an "unzip" program installed-now I do-but when I open the folder and click on the hammerhead program, all I get is the small title loga, and it stays that way-what the fuck? If Im simply an idjut tell me, but get me outta tha dark, please! Does hammerhead need anything else besides a PC to operate-soundcard, editing program?

Message 8/18             14-Apr-98  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: help with hammerhead

manchest

I know about the makebank file. What I want to know is how to convert the wav. files to raw files using cooledit.
If I just load the wav. samples into the makebank they make the clicking noise. So I want to convert them to raw. before I load them.

Chris

Message 9/18             15-Apr-98  @  02:42 AM   -   RE: help with hammerhead

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

I don't think Cool Edit will convert to .raw.... Get a demo copy of Goldwave (You get to use it a lot before it dies.. ) , Just open your .wav file, and tell it SAVE AS.... Save with the extension .raw, and type the .raw after your file... IE you open clunk.wav, tell it save as, it'll give you a bnox saying "clunk" click the drop down box, save as RAW type, and name it clunk.raw.... MAkebankmight convert files to RAW automatically, but samples sound better if you convert them in goldwave first, or so I've found to be the case.

Message 10/18             15-Apr-98  @  11:42 AM   -   RE: help with hammerhead

Fingers

When I first started using Hammerhead I used it on different machines with different soundcards. Some wouldn't let you use hammerhead and makebank at the same time. Try closing Hammerhead and opening makebank, then save the new 'bank', close makebank and open Hammerhead. Now you should be able to open your new bank in Hammerhead. Shit I din't think anyone asked that question!

Message 11/18             21-Apr-98  @  02:44 AM   -   RE: help with hammerhead

scooby5

cooledit will let you convert wav to raw (PCM).
Open file in Cooledit (eg-"holy moly")
Go to "save as"-click.
See the little window at the bottom of the drop down menu?
"File Type"?
Scroll down to PCM Raw.
Select that.
Click Save.
Bingo bango you got yourself a raw file type thing.
My question is- I've done all that and Hammerhead still wont play the damn thing. I can hear it in Makebank. But that's it.
Any help.
Cheers.

Message 12/18             21-Apr-98  @  12:00 PM   -   RE: help with hammerhead

Fingers

Close Makebank before opening Hammerhead. Just a thought.

Message 13/18             22-Apr-98  @  09:01 AM   -   RE: help with hammerhead

scooby5

Yeah. Did that. Nogo. Thanx anyway, Fingers.

Message 14/18             22-Apr-98  @  09:27 AM   -   RE: help with hammerhead

steve

This may sound really, really dumb...but...Here goes...
Did you load your saved bank back into Hammerhead from within Hammerhead? I,know, I, know, but when working quickly between programs and after HOURS of editing your brain can just go AAAAAAH!, (I have made a bank, saved it, closed Make bank , into Hammerhead, where's me bank?, back into Makebank, load it, close Makebank, back to Hammerhead,where is it?...oh, yeh, load the bank from within Hammerhead from the menu opion at the top right screen.) I've done this a few times.
If this is'nt your problem, then over to anyone else.

Message 15/18             22-Apr-98  @  09:33 AM   -   RE: help with hammerhead

steve

I,ve just read your CW prob, this could be the cause of everything. Time for a back up and clear out.

Message 16/18             22-Apr-98  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: help with hammerhead

Scooby5

Regarding your first posting (makebank, Hammerhead, yadda, yadda...)
Yeah did all that, too. Same problem. Then loaded directly from Hammerhead. Still no go.

If CW is the problem Then why does Rebirth work fine.
And if CW is the problem, how to fix it other than getting a zip drive (and dealing with the nightmare of organizing, then reloading those weasly little floppies), or upgrading memory?

That, by the way, is probably a stupid question.

Message 17/18             23-Apr-98  @  10:17 AM   -   RE: help with hammerhead

steve

First of all, is the Audio Disk space percentage the total amount you have left on your HD, or the amount allocated by Cakewalk? If so, then there may be some setting where you can up the capacity. I take it you are using CakeWalk to sequence samples only? If you had ( or borrowed )a midi instrument to connect to your PC, at least you could check if CW was driving external devices.
Does'nt Rebirth use alogrithms to manipulate the synth on your soundcard in real time and samples for the drums? Do the drums work in Rebirth for you? If not, then it could be this space problem and would explain Rebirth appearing to be the only one to work.

Floppies are just about out of the question for back-up, unless you're mad.
There are lots of formats for backing up, some cheaper than others. I would get along to your local PC store and see what they have. By the way I only suggested back-up
if you had data that needed archiving. If you have stuff on your HD that you really don't need or want any more, then chuck it. At least you would free up space allowing you to test things a bit better.

You can never have enough RAM, allthough in this case, it may not be you problem.
Saying that, I have tried using Hammerhead with a 486 66Mhz, with 16Mb RAM, and it splutters all over the place, even in 486 mode. Rebirth does'nt open at all.

Message 18/18             24-Apr-98  @  08:27 AM   -   RE: help with hammerhead

scooby5

Thanks. I will look into all of those options.
And the floppy-thing sounded a bit stupid to me, too.

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)