aaa Samples for Emax Dammit! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Samples for Emax Dammit!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             14-Apr-98  @  06:42 AM   -   Samples for Emax Dammit!

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Okay-I found a site that has plenty of samples to download, but only to DS/DD disks-and I dont think my disk drive is capable of formatting or writing to those disks-I plan on trying ot come up with a lot of my own sounds, but it would be nice to have a library to start with. Also-with the Emax, is it possible to assign a sample to one key only and have a whole array of sounds on the board? I cant get it to do that yet-but at least I figured out the sampling shit(somewhat-its actually pretty straight forward)
Anyone with info-hook me up!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             14-Apr-98  @  06:44 AM   -   Samples for Emax Dammit!

influx5150

Okay-I found a site that has plenty of samples to download, but only to DS/DD disks-and I dont think my disk drive is capable of formatting or writing to those disks-I plan on trying ot come up with a lot of my own sounds, but it would be nice to have a library to start with. Also-with the Emax, is it possible to assign a sample to one key only and have a whole array of sounds on the board? I cant get it to do that yet-but at least I figured out the sampling shit(somewhat-its actually pretty straight forward)
Anyone with info-hook me up!I got some answers earlier, but not much (Thanks Sedusa and whoever else responded)

Message 3/8             14-Apr-98  @  08:31 AM   -   RE: Samples for Emax Dammit!

kilo

try formatting a pc disk as 720 mb instead of 1.4.... that'll be DD size..... i've never tried that pc emax sample format proggie...... maybe i'll give it a go...... what is the programme you use to unpack and pack the samples into??

to get a sample on one key... you can if you like specify the keyrange at the point when you allocate the original sample key..... otherwise, in Preset definition, you can copy a voive to another bank... and allocate the new keyrange...... or..... go to Preset Def'...... then do 'Select Voice'..... you are allowed to tap the keys.... as you do, you'll see in the display... the 'Original' sample is shown for each key you touch...... check the original sample..... hit it's key...(say G1)...... then the next menu item allows you to re-allocate the key range.... and the output as well.....you can also copy samples to 'Primary' & 'Secondary' position.....when you use the copy sample function...

Message 4/8             21-Apr-98  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: Samples for Emax Dammit!

de96joan

If youīve got a midi cable and a program like for example Sound Forge you can transfer samples in any format to the Emax via the cable. In Sound Forge you chose "tools" - "sampler" and then then generic sds. You have to have both midi in and midi out connected to the Emax. Wen the Emax says: "Sound transfer finished", press "preset definition" and operation #2(I donīt remember the name), then assign the sample to a key. This is how I get samples into my Emax. I think you get better sound quality than when sampling through the sample input.

Good Luck!

Message 5/8             21-Apr-98  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: Samples for Emax Dammit!

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

That works?.... Could you explain that procedure more? And what khz rate are your samples, and what are they converted to? And does it automatically change it to 12 bit? (This is the EMAX 1, right?) and how long does that take for a sample to get transferred over a MIDI cable?

Message 6/8             22-Apr-98  @  09:23 PM   -   RE: Samples for Emax Dammit!

de96joan

The samples are 44 khz 16 bit and they are automaticaly comverted in the Emax I. You can take any sample rate i think. Iīve only tries 44 and 22 and it works fine. It isnīt fast though. I still think itīs easier than working with some old dos program and moving discs. I don+t know how I could explain it more. Just play around and get to know the thing.

Message 7/8             23-Apr-98  @  02:36 AM   -   RE: Samples for Emax Dammit!

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Ok, but what format are they transferred as? As the EMAX only goes up to 42 ( I believe) khz and 12 bit? I wouldn't want it to default to the highest sample rate because of the Emax's limited memory....

Message 8/8             24-Apr-98  @  09:04 AM   -   RE: Samples for Emax Dammit!

de96joan

It will convert to a sample rate close to the original sample rate. If you for example have a sample thatīs 22 khz it will be 22 khz in the Emax. Thereīs also a sample rate conversion function in the Emax which you can use in the digital processing section. Itīs allways 12 bit.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)