aaa connect midi with animations - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: connect midi with animations

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             16-Apr-98  @  09:35 AM   -   connect midi with animations

mkip

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Wouldn't be nice to connect midi signals to certain pictures. You could have a complete synchronized video clip or learning program.
If anything like this already exists, please inform me, because i'm about to write such a program.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             16-Apr-98  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: connect midi with animations

steve

If you have access to Hi8 video facilities you can record your animations onto them and stripe the tape with the same SMPTE timecode your midi setup generates.
This will sync up the vision and sound and will stay in if you have a break in your set. The Grid used to use this method about 6 years back.

Message 3/6             16-Apr-98  @  10:04 AM   -   RE: connect midi with animations

steve

Or have a look at Authorware or Director from Macromedia. They are multimedia programs
which use drag and drop/ native coding to control, video clips (AVI etc.) Wave files, midi and outboard tape machines ( most audio and video formats )

Authorware is quite dear, about a grand....gulp.
But there is a free 50 icon version available.
Also look at Director. Great for animation. A bit cheaper I think and it's interface is similar to a midi timeline program
like Cakewalk or Cubase.

Try this site:
http://www.macromedia.com/software/authorware

Cheers.

Message 4/6             16-Apr-98  @  11:25 AM   -   RE: connect midi with animations

JohnDo

Go and get a copy of Multiquence from the Goldwave site. This is a multi-track player, hard disk recorder, midi player, video syncing thing with real time effects it is the dogs bollocks for people with no dosh. You can use it to mix sound to AVIs if you want. I've had seven tracks running on a Cyrix200mx. I'm not sure if you can save avis with a midi track. Possibly Quicktimes though.

Message 5/6             21-Apr-98  @  12:55 PM   -   RE: connect midi with animations

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Multiquence just locks to SMPTE, right?

Message 6/6             21-Apr-98  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: connect midi with animations

JohnDo

No idea. I think you import a midi file to one of the tracks and it acts as a master. Sorry I'm midi ignorant.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)