aaa Nord Lead 2 VS Virus - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Nord Lead 2 VS Virus

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             19-Apr-98  @  03:05 PM   -   Nord Lead 2 VS Virus

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I was thinking of buyinga nord lead 2 or a virus. How do the sounds compare? The only big difference that i know of off hand is that I will have to buy a controller keyboard for the virus, but it will probably come out cheaper than the nord. The best I have seen for the nord is like 1550 and 1150 for the virus.

thanx

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             20-Apr-98  @  01:17 AM   -   RE: Nord Lead 2 VS Virus

kilo

well, there's a guy who posts here called Steve Hunt...... he just bought a Nord... a Modular I think.... anyway... he sent me a totally amazing demo of the keybaord...... a really full cd covering every type of application and style of electronic from trance to depeche, from vince clark to vangelis and techno..... about an hours worth i reckon .... well it got me thinking..... would people be interested to get an hours demo cd or tape of kit.... single items.... but really demo'd well, doing an hour or more of all it's facilities, and a massive variety of sounds...... well, I c got a better demo from Steve's CD, than from any sales room or demo seles suite..... and i can hear it on MY system... and MY speakers...... so... what d'you reckon.... ??....trouble is, it'd have to be sold.... to cover cd's, post etc........ anyway... maybe if you talk to steve, he might bung you a tape...

Message 3/3             24-Apr-98  @  10:47 PM   -   RE: Nord Lead 2 VS Virus

steve_hunt

Cheers Kilo
Nord Modular demo cd available HERE!!!

I just posted the following on another thread but I just found this one so I'll paste it here too!!

I've done a spreadsheet on Excel listing all the features of all the 'analogue' synths around. It helped me choose which one to buy. At the end of the day it's got to be down to which features are most important to YOU...

If you want polophony and ease of use go for the Supernova. Personally I'm a bit put off by the lack of FM - it's a real ommission. Also the huge polophony is not that important to me cos I've got stacks of other stuff but if it's your first/only synth then it's got to be a hot fave. Virus is supposed to have great filters but I've never heard one, bass end is supposed to be a bit weak. I certainly agree about the JP - turn the fx off and it's weedy. One you all seem to overlook is the Microwave XT, it's got plenty of knobs and is truly gut wrenching. The Nords have a charecteristic raw sound and no effects and still sound as good as anything else. Easily better than AN1X/JP. I agree with everything said about the Proph, it really is hot - acid! A bit hard to program but well worth the perseverence. I'll never sell mine. So what did I buy? None of these - what was most important to me was flexibility. I want everything - greedy! It had to be the Nord Modular. I can't explain how forking wonderful this thing is...it's got no fx (ok, some chorus), polophony is typically only 8 voices, but it'll sound like ANYTHING! I've got the expansion on order that'll give it double the voices. So easy to program, don't be put off by the modular approach, it's so easy - but you need a pc...any old pc with a midi interface will do. I got the keyboard version but play it from my SY99 most of the time. I've done a 40 min sample cd of the sounds if anyone wants a copy - email me and I'll do you a copy for a small charge to cover costs. Also email me if you want a copy of the synth comparison spreadsheet...

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)