aaa Please HeLP ME WITH GETTING A MONITOR - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Please HeLP ME WITH GETTING A MONITOR

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             25-Apr-98  @  05:34 AM   -   Please HeLP ME WITH GETTING A MONITOR

CS1Xlist

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Here is my situation

Right now I hook up the equipment that I have to a small mixer, which is mixed down to these roland micro monitors, they are like 90 dollar desktop computer monitors, but marketed for music. I am totally ready (saved up some loot from work) to get a new sound system. So what should I get? I dont really know much about monitors/speakers. I checked out the section of the SITe, but I didn't get a lot of the shit. Do i need an amp and speakers, or can I get just a monitor? What is an active field monitor? Could u try to give me some specific names and maybe prices for things.
Thanx SO MUCH
CS1XLiST

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             25-Apr-98  @  08:20 AM   -   RE: Please HeLP ME WITH GETTING A MONITOR

andreas.lindell

Hi!

I use "Alesis monitor one". Comfortable size, 4 ohms,
200 W. I know that a lot of studios use them. I'm incredible satisfied with them. The price...........? I don't know, because it was a while ago now and I often get it cheaper so you have to cheak by you self.

There is a "Alesis monitor two" also and it's bigger.

You can check out the alesis homepage: www.alesis.com

I've heard that the Event monitors should be good also.
But I THINK Event uses metall on their speakers and thats not good, it usually makes your ears tired much faster than without. I think you should check the Event also but if they have metall, forget them.

Andreas

Message 3/4             25-Apr-98  @  10:00 AM   -   RE: Please HeLP ME WITH GETTING A MONITOR

fingers

use something you are used to...otherwise your mix may be way off...or at least get areference point ie cd player to play some shit you know to compare the tones etc of your mix. Kilo made a point some time ago also about mixing or listening to a mix in an environment you know also like your own livingroom at home as some studios you come out thinking its great but it only sounded good on their system/room...at least have a hifi near by...

Message 4/4             25-Apr-98  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: Please HeLP ME WITH GETTING A MONITOR

cs1xlist

Then I should listen to it in my car, cause that is where I listen to most of my music. HEHE,

Thanx for the help

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)