aaa Full duplex ?(Cubasis & Awe64 Gold) - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Full duplex ?(Cubasis & Awe64 Gold)

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             25-Apr-98  @  07:06 PM   -   Full duplex ?(Cubasis & Awe64 Gold)

dannyhogan

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

My problem is that I can't seem to get my card to work in full duplex mode.
I have checked all settings I can think of within Cubasis audio 1.6 & under the control panel.
The audio system always fails when set to full duplex mode.
When this option is left unchecked in control panel all audio plays back ok. Sometimes I get the message that my soundcard may not be full duplex (as I said when duplex is enabled) & I try to record. I have no problems recording/playing back in some other audio editor programs that I use but admittadely these don't require full duplex to operate.
My PC is a pentium 200mmx with 64mb ram with internal rather than a/v (external) type hard disks.
Hope one of you guys can help, everyone else has ignored my requests for help.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             25-Apr-98  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: Full duplex ?(Cubasis & Awe64 Gold)

dannyhogan

I FORGOT TO SAY THAT ....
Before someone suggests this. I have already updated my drivers from the official blaster site to operate in full duplex mode.

Message 3/4             25-Apr-98  @  07:36 PM   -   RE: Full duplex ?(Cubasis & Awe64 Gold)

jason.rowe

Give up......

I tried for weeks to get my AWE 64 to work properly, the only time I got it to go full duplex was with the full duplex drivers when windows was fooled into thinking it was an SB16, even then it records and plays at the same time BUT the playback is 8-bit.

I spent so much time removing cards and reinstalling windows I got fed up. Spent ages with 'unable to open wave' device errors.

I bought a Event Gina, no problems

It was worth it just cos it stopped me taking a hammer to my pc (and the sb64).

If you want to buy an 8M ram upgrade Im your man . . ..

Message 4/4             25-Apr-98  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: Full duplex ?(Cubasis & Awe64 Gold)

steve_hunt

Sounds like you've done all the right things! My AWE64 Gold works fine in full duplex mode with Cubase VST. Just to complicate things,I also use an ols SB16 Pro and a Turtlebeach Maui soundcard and they all work fine. Mebbe I'm lucky...here's the settings that I use...if they're the same as yours....fakked really!
Control panel, Creative AWE64 Gold 16-bit Audio (SB16 Compatible), settings tab, Full Duplex Operation is ticked but Use Creative 3D Stereo Enhancement is NOT ticked. This seems to matter!
Driver SB16.VXD version 4.38.6
I use IRQ 5, DMA 3 and 7 and addresses 280, 330 and 388 from Basic Config 0001. But you're unlikely to have a problem with interrupts or addresses if the card works fine otherwise.

I don't know how your version of Cubase does it's port setups but here is how it works in VST...I hope it's similar...

Run the ASIO Multimedia Setup, advanced options. Make sure the AWE64 appears top of both the input and output lists if you've got more than one card. In Global Settings, Card Options, both Full Duplex and Open All Devices Before Start are ticked but Start Inputs First is NOT.

You can only have one session of simultaneous playback and recording (full duplex) at any time, so make sure nothing else is trying to use the card at the same time as Cubase!

You must have the same sample rate for playback as recording.

You cannot have the card's reverb running in full duplex mode.

You can't have the Wavesynth/Waveguide thing running. In fact I'd recommend you uninstal it from control panel/system completely and turn the computer off and on again .************************ In fact I'll bet you a pint this is what's wrong! *********************************

Hope that helps!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)