Category: Products / studio-gear + dj / dynamic mic's
Added: 14-Mar-02 | Author: admin
New price: 95.00 Euros | S/H price: Not listed
Shure SM57LCThe Shure SM57 is a low impedance unidirectional dynamic microphone made by Shure Incorporated and commonly used in live sound reinforcement and studio recording. It is one of the best-selling microphones in the world; used extensively in amplified music and by every U.S. president since its introduction in 1965. In 2004, honoring its four decades of "solid, dependable performance", it was inducted into the first-ever TEC Awards TECnology Hall of Fame.
That's what WIKI says about the SM57, and wherever you look this mic is praised rightly as a classic. My own life in recording & quite a bit of PA work, has naturaly brought me into contact with this mic many many times, and the best thing about it is it's forgive-ability and predictablity. Like a good mate you can take to the pub becuse you know exactly how he's going to behave when he's had a few, lol, this mike deliver in any situation, be it prestine studio sessions using the highest quality equipment, or some ruffneck live venue pa busting out some punk or ska.
Another aspect of the SM57 much overlooked is it's abilities when functioning for vocals. Not as bass-emphasising as the more often recommended SM58, and able to take serious amounts of "screamo" without distoring badly, the SM57 can surprise on vocals and should be tried in budget situations. Often an SM57 vocal is very easy to sit in a mix.. that's the key thing!
- Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 40 to 15,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency.
- Sensitivity (at 1,000 Hz):Open Circuit Voltage: -56.0 dBV/Pa* (1.6 mV) *(1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150 ohms (310 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Case: Dark gray, enamel-painted, die-cast steel with a polycarbonate grille and a stainless steel screen
- Net Weight: (without cable) 284 grams (10 oz)
Microphone Shootout, Standstraight Music, May 2011 Song: Hear Me Out (biglert/snyder) All Rights...
Product Manuals or Files
More choices in this product category from other manufacturers:
User CommentsTHERE ARE NO COMMENTS POSTED FOR THIS PRODUCT
Be first to add a comment - what's the product like in real life?...
Looking for the manual? - Check this page above under the heading: 'Product manual or files' - We might have it!
[back to top]
Total stars: 0 | Total votes: