aaa 2 New Tracks - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: 2 New Tracks

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 10

Original Message 1/92             12-Dec-01  @  11:32 PM   -   2 New Tracks

GRosen

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

whats up, I just added 2 new tracks. Saharan Desert and Iceworld. They are came out sound very bad quality when i converted them to 24kb mp3's.

Well, listen ot them and tell me what you think.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/92             14-Dec-01  @  12:45 AM   -   RE: 2 New Tracks

bedwyr

iceworld is a bit quiet, with not a lot of bottom end. i think you can afford to turn the bass up a little, your kick is quite hard 909 style, so make your bass sound tough too. it's not my cup of tea, and i like the first acid line that comes in but i find the track a bit 'flat'. maybe try some percussion in there - conga loop or sumfink. you need to make the drums drive more, i think. where's the clap on 2 & 4? not that it's always necessary but it helps sometimes.

the other track is cool tho. still a bit quiet and muffled. the mp3 won't kill your sound if your sound is good to start with, just encode some of your favourite tracks for comparison. this track has a good dubby feel to it, a bit nu yoik in bits - maybe use less notes on that synth line : no chord changes!! i like the chugging drums but i think you need them to have a tighter sound. it all sounds like you recoreded it on an old tape deck. ;) think tenaglia, made me think tenaglia, that deep dub sound he used to do anyway.

Message 3/92             14-Dec-01  @  02:23 AM   -   RE: 2 New Tracks

EcstaticHigH

I don't know why the it sounds so bad after I encode it, Iceworld actually has a lot of bass, but it didn't come out on the mp3. I don't even like having them up there sounding that bad because they really do sound 100% worse the the original wave file. I wish there was a way I could post up the wave file or at least a 128kb mp3 file somewhere. There are just so many sounds in both songs that you can't hear at all. Maybe I'll try mp3.com once I figure out how to use it.

Message 4/92             14-Dec-01  @  02:26 AM   -   RE: 2 New Tracks

influx

the point is that encoding, even at a low bitrate does NOT destroy the track. sure its not gonna sound as good, but...perhaps your mix just aint all the way there?

Message 5/92             14-Dec-01  @  06:22 AM   -   RE: 2 New Tracks

EcstaticHigH

Well then what can be wrong with the mixing that would make it sound like shit when i encode it

Message 6/92             14-Dec-01  @  09:46 AM   -   RE: 2 New Tracks

xoxos

Link?: Link

ice world lost me on the chord change.. think it would have worked if you'd brought in another sound at the same time, but (at least in lofi) it broke the hypno magic.. maybe a nice noise-swirl or something would make that transition work imho... finding it again after the porta sound drops out first time.. okay, it's working again.. sure is icy..

my software is telling me that these tracks are encoded all the way down to 11kHz, which would explain why both of them sound incredibly muffled.. it's your encoder for sure. i use mp3comp09e.exe, f/w works pretty good.

i dunno how the new genres and styles are, but you've got the 80's trancy acid sound nailed as far as i remember it (being in tucson and all.) pretty solid.

Message 7/92             14-Dec-01  @  10:10 AM   -   RE: 2 New Tracks

EcstaticHigH

ok, I'm going to use Soundforge to encode it for now on. And i'm going to put all my tracks up on mp3.com so you guys can hear all of them at decent quality.

Message 8/92             14-Dec-01  @  10:49 AM   -   RE: 2 New Tracks

steve

you get worse quality from mp3.com streaming on dialup. Yes.

just go mono 32/22 and put them up here.

Message 9/92             14-Dec-01  @  03:45 PM   -   RE: 2 New Tracks

bedwyr

ecstatic - don't go to mp3.cum, you won't find many people here that will bother listening. (some do) and u'll get no feedback on production there either.

"what can be wrong with the mixing that would make it sound like shit when i encode it?"

loads of things. experience being the most important. as i said, encode some tracks by producers you like and compare.

Message 10/92             14-Dec-01  @  09:03 PM   -   RE: 2 New Tracks

EcstaticHigH

So how can I learn to mix my tracks the right way. I mean they sound perfect to me after I mix them down to a wave file. But when I convert then to lo-fi mp3 they sound like shit so I must be doing something wrong. If i'm doing them wrong thing then experience won't help me because I'll just keep doing it wrong forever. How can I learn what I'm doing wrong or just laern the proper way to mix?

Thanx

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 10

There are 92 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)