aaa BLOODY HELL !!!! (buying a mixer?) - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: BLOODY HELL !!!! (buying a mixer?)

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             24-Oct-02  @  10:56 PM   -   BLOODY HELL !!!! (buying a mixer?)

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

how about a Trident 8 channel (3 stereo returns) for less than £1300 quid - see frontpage news (STUDIO link icon top of site)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             25-Oct-02  @  12:17 AM   -   RE: BLOODY HELL !!!! (buying a mixer?)

JX3P0

Link?:  Link

didn't even read your post and i'm already
ranting about it.All I can say is I need
$2K.Quick.

H- I'm in love

Message 3/18             25-Oct-02  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: BLOODY HELL !!!! (buying a mixer?)

JX3P0

Oh baby I just scored a source for $2K.MF I'm
gettin a Trident.Oh my freaking god.YES!

H- finally a real brit board.

Message 4/18             25-Oct-02  @  09:15 AM   -   RE: BLOODY HELL !!!! (buying a mixer?)

GT

wow, a british mixer

Message 5/18             25-Oct-02  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: BLOODY HELL !!!! (buying a mixer?)

JX3P0

Ok if you had to choose between the Trident
and a TLA tube tracker or whatever it's called
which would it be?

H- lemme know

Message 6/18             25-Oct-02  @  08:39 PM   -   RE: BLOODY HELL !!!! (buying a mixer?)

milan

Link?: Link

where´s Brett when you need him... he goes crazy for such questions.

maybe d knows.

Message 7/18             26-Oct-02  @  06:20 AM   -   RE: BLOODY HELL !!!! (buying a mixer?)

Brett

Right here! looks good. K and I talked about it a while back in september or august.

The spider is a pretty heafty price to pay . Shit, for $7500 you could put a nice rig together with synths , a nice multi i/o card and a pimp pc. But it has some pretty nice AD in it with the head tone emulation for some higher end recordings. Out of my budget.

So how to judge the quality of a device? I hate being the ginny pig for new products. I am far from being a early adopter of anything these days. i don't really trust what people say about stuff so much either. Hands on is the only truth and where can you get you hands on a peice like this. They don't sell them at the local shops etc. It's one of those blind leeps. But if you look at trident in general, i don't think you have much to worry about, but then this could be the first step toward lower quality product. Ie: focusrite platinum line. I hope to see a A class set of channels that are as clean and warm as the big consoles allbeit in a small package. We get them but they are so feaking expensive. $2-4k for a channel strip is mad. I am glad to see Trident trying to fill the need of the samll project studio wanting big console sound.

And focusrite platinum stuff is pretty noisy low end stuff. i hope this sounds better than that.

Message 8/18             26-Oct-02  @  06:59 AM   -   RE: BLOODY HELL !!!! (buying a mixer?)

damballah

Link?: Link

tube tracker's what, about $3200 US? I don't know that I'd give a dime for either. Not that one or the other wouldn't be just the thing for someone, but not for the way I work. Too limited as boards, in the ballpark for pres but I imagine there's a couple ways you could get 8 channels of pres for around 2k that would sound better than the "trident's".

Message 9/18             26-Oct-02  @  09:57 AM   -   RE: BLOODY HELL !!!! (buying a mixer?)

JX3P0

I'm not looking for the pre's as much as a nice
small format UK board.I've gotten a price of
$2795 on the TLA.It is tube so i'm sure it's
noisy too.The coolest thing about the TLA is it
has a digital out option.

H

Message 10/18             26-Oct-02  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: BLOODY HELL !!!! (buying a mixer?)

GT

www.allen-heath.co.uk

save the rest of the dosh for st. pauley girl

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)