aaa TC-Electronics ??? - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: TC-Electronics ???

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/34             29-Oct-02  @  05:24 PM   -   TC-Electronics ???

Kazhul

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi ! Anyone tried the Fireworx and the M300 ?
I know they are different products, of course.
But the M300 is cheap, so does it sound cheap ?
But the Fireworx seems to offer wonderful effects. Is that so ?
And, BTW : does anyone know a cheaper effect module that could give the same "lo-fi micro" effect (just like Neil Armstrong on the moon talking) on a voice that we can hear in Fireworx demo ?
Thx.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/34             29-Oct-02  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: TC-Electronics ???

k

easy - I did it on a track once... use drastic 'radio frequency' eq and some added distortion... plus add a 'bleep' and a burst of distorted white noise at the start & end of each phrase to make it really authentic sounding

Message 3/34             29-Oct-02  @  06:27 PM   -   RE: TC-Electronics ???

milan

Link?: Link

i´ve used Fireworks and i think it really kicks ass. its pretty mad really, you get your grid where you can stack up to 12(16? cant remember) fx blocks and make something really nasty. it even has a synth module built in. if you have the money to spare it is actually worth getting.

M300 is a totaly different ballgame, its a standard fx unit. dunno if it sounds goon, never had a chance to try it.

Message 4/34             29-Oct-02  @  06:56 PM   -   RE: TC-Electronics ???

psylichon

I borrowed a Fireworx for a couple months and LOVED it. It's like a plugin-chainer in a box (especially with all the digital IO). Sick sounding compressor, nice reverb and delays, and really cool vocoder and crazy fx. Very flexible and highly highly recommended.

psylichon

Message 5/34             29-Oct-02  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: TC-Electronics ???

JX3P0

Link?:  Link

I use a finalizer 96K+ Spark software and my
boy has ALL the other boxes except the big big
monkey box.Trust me if it says TC Electronic
or TC Works(software division) it's the
shizznit.seen.

H

Message 6/34             29-Oct-02  @  09:50 PM   -   RE: TC-Electronics ???

Paleface

I've got an m300. It's fabulous. I paid £220 for it, which is about four times what I paid for my Zoom 1201... and it must about about forty times better. The spring reverb is great, well, all the verbs are great; the mod effects are good too, though. I'm in love with the Tape Delay - a little bit of filtering on the delay signal. And it's tap-tempo-syncable, which is luxury for me.

Basically: it's a very basic effects box. But it's a very basic effects box with TC inside; dead easy to use, very hands on (all editing done on the knobs bar preset selection) so it really wants to be fiddled with. Great quality, silly price - and it's v well built too. And is shiney and bluey-silver. I love mine, I wouldn't recommend ANYTHING else as a "first effects box" - it's never going to go out of fashion. Unlike my Zoom. Which I sold.

Message 7/34             30-Oct-02  @  02:07 PM   -   RE: TC-Electronics ???

Kazhul

Thanks K for the "how to do it" :-)
And thanks to all of you for the pieces of advice !

I know M300 and Fireworx are different, of course.

The M300 is cheap, dead easy to use (two knobs, and that's all ?????). Of course, the Fireworx is powerful but quite more expensive.

In fact, I'd like to boost my synths and add some "weirdos" effects (for my electronic compos, not the "classic ones"), so I'm looking out for some solution.
I'm not sure if I can trust the softwares effects or plugins, like in Soundforge or others, because you don't have "real time" control on them.
And I know TC-Electronics to be acclaimed by many magazines (can I trust the magazines ?).
How "realtime" is your sofware Finalizer, JX3PO ?
How user-friendly ?

Any other ideas or hints on "fat" or "strange" effects modules ?
Fireworx seems the most adapted to process the sound and twist it drastically... But I'm new in the "effect" world :-)

Message 8/34             30-Oct-02  @  02:21 PM   -   RE: TC-Electronics ???

milan

umm... used Ensoniq DP4 springs to mind. you can run 4(!) separate effects with own ins and outs, or you can stack four fx is serial to create a single mad one. i dont think its ery expensive 2nd hand.

and then there was an older lexicon, can remember tha name, anyone else? 1u rack thingie?

Message 9/34             30-Oct-02  @  03:22 PM   -   RE: TC-Electronics ???

damballah

Link?:  Link

there's some dp4s on ebay for around US$400, you can also find the occasional eventide thing on there for around US$1100 which is about where s/h fireworxs go.

Message 10/34             30-Oct-02  @  03:57 PM   -   RE: TC-Electronics ???

Kazhul

Thanx, I'm going to try and find something about the Ensoniq effects. And the Lexicon...

I'm really a newbie because I usually use the effects included on the synths sound generators. But I'd like something more, now, something more twisted and weird (disto, phaser, compressor)
I'm an "Infected Mushroom" wannabe :-)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)