aaa remember kapok? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: remember kapok?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/23             15-Aug-05  @  03:02 PM   -   remember kapok?

cary850

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Well if u don't remember I don't blame you. I haven't posted in a while. I've been working on this track
called medicine tube for quite some time.. I've written it and re-written it twice now! lol. But I tink I finally
have something solid down, that I will be releasing soon. I've recently entered the very cool world of vocal
editing. I went to NH on vacation and brought my portable studio w/ me. (G4 powerbook, firewire sound
card...etc) I had my little sister (who has an incredible voice) record some vocals over a 2 track of medicine
tube, and man did I have fun with that. From that point on, whenever we were traveling in the car or on an
airplane I was just going crazy editing her vocals. Anyways here is a clip of some of those edits. I always
love sharing my tunes whether they are finished or not. Always like to hear other opinons and suggestions.
Any feedback would be appreciated. Negative or positive...whichever. PEACE!

-Kapok

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/23             15-Aug-05  @  03:48 PM     Edit: 17-Aug-05  |  07:20 PM   -   RE: remember kapok?

k

Link?:  Link

hello mate, sure i remember you

yeah, nice so far... sorta film-y, soundtrack-y

test edit message, test

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/23             15-Aug-05  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: remember kapok?

cary850

DUDE!!!! I love it when people pick up on the soundtrackyness of my music...cause that is my ultimate
goal, to write soundtracks!!! And for someone to pick up on that without me mentioning anything about it
makes my muthafuckin day! Thanks so much for ur feedback!

-kapok

Message 4/23             15-Aug-05  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: remember kapok?

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

thats pretty fucking lush actually

good stuff  

Message 5/23             15-Aug-05  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: remember kapok?

Rags

Sounds really good, the whole production has that "pro" touch to it.

How to make it better, well... there is not much to do, although I missed more progression in the song, I mean the atmosphere you've created is great, but how did we get there and where do we head once it's all over... that sort of thing. (I know it is there - to an extent - , I just happen to be the kind who expects more of it... )

BTW, did you know that your name means "I get" in hungarian language?

Message 6/23             15-Aug-05  @  05:38 PM   -   RE: remember kapok?

cary850

Rags

That is just a 2 minute clip of an 8.5 minute track. I have all kinds of shit going on b4 and after that part. I
just wanted to share a small clip with you guys. I will have the complete song uploaded soon! Thanks for
your comments!! My name means "I get" ? thats crazy! lol... I got that name from one of my favorite
trees. Its called a Kapok Tree. Anyways thanks again. Check back soon for a full version of the track. : )

- Kapok

Message 7/23             16-Aug-05  @  02:10 PM   -   RE: remember kapok?

k

actualy we're starting the ruffs for another film score job this week (production starts in jan' next year). The film is made in malaysia with a british director, psychological thriller/horror sorta, but no gore or blood etc. It's good fun to do for a change. You gotta get in with people in that industry to get jobs tho

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/23             16-Aug-05  @  03:34 PM   -   RE: remember kapok?

cary850

yeah I don't know anyone really in the movie industry...but I love to think that I can get my foot in
the door one day, till then I'm just gonna keep on practicing...I have a looooooong way to go b4 I
can even think about doing that kinda stuff. Got a lots to learn in the ways of prodcution skills
too. Have u ever participated in scoring a film? I'd like to hear some of ur stuff.

Message 9/23             16-Aug-05  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: remember kapok?

milan

yeah man, this sounds promising! i'd love to hear the full version

Message 10/23             16-Aug-05  @  09:20 PM   -   RE: remember kapok?

Rags

I second that

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)