aaa Americans and Indian Call centres - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Americans and Indian Call centres

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/23             23-Nov-05  @  02:53 PM   -   Americans and Indian Call centres

Zazza

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27783

For example, the Gate tells of a call from a woman in Texas recently to a bloke in an Indian call centre. She started by saying that thanks to outsourcing: "You are getting money, food, shelter. You should be starving."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/11/17/BUGB3FPGT01.DTL&type=tech

Das, who quit the job after four months, said she learned to dislike Americans. "Rarely, there are people who are good," she said by e-mail, "but then others remind me that all they believe in is cursing, and they don't have respect for others."

On the Philadelphia radio show "Star and Buc Wild," host Troi Terrain phoned an Indian call center pretending to order hair beads for his daughter. The call quickly turned vicious.

"Listen to me, you dirty rat eater," Terrain growled, to muffled laughter in the studio. "I'll come out there and choke the -- out of you. You're a filthy rat eater. I'm calling about my American 6-year-old white girl. How dare you outsource my call?"

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/23             23-Nov-05  @  03:08 PM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

monkeybasket2001

not really surprising for yanks really is it?

we're no better over here- i disagree with outsourcing if the place is not going to share the same native language, but then again companies think about money not customer service- which again is no surprise...

greg

Message 3/23             23-Nov-05  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

milan

Link?: Link

i dont know whats worse, people's attitudes or the fact they are outsourcing even bloody support lines?

Message 4/23             23-Nov-05  @  03:24 PM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

Zazza

milan wrote:

i dont know whats worse, peoples attitudes or the fact they are outsourcing even bloody support lines?

It's called capitalism/free market.. those guys are just cheaper..

Message 5/23             23-Nov-05  @  03:43 PM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

monkeybasket2001

ive had limited experience with indian based supprot lines but ive found that the calls take twice as long, are generally filled with people spelling and pronouncing things and leave you unconfident that your initial problem was understood and something actioned....

i blame this purely on the language barrier- i think we (english) would be even worse at trying to master the various languages spoken in india than they are at trying to learn our language and that if the situtaion was reversed we would have the exact same problems...

greg

Message 6/23             23-Nov-05  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

milan

It's called capitalism/free market.. those guys are just cheaper..

you dont say??

Message 7/23             23-Nov-05  @  05:29 PM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

Zazza

milan wrote:

Its called capitalism/free market.. those guys are just cheaper..

you dont say??

Yes I do!

Message 8/23             26-Nov-05  @  02:40 AM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

Jack

Link?:  Link

It's causing a huge cultural shift in India. Young people supporting their whole families, living like
western consumers. Best of all, some independence for women, as they are the majority of
service industry workers. It's kinda fucked over there for the ladies...

Message 9/23             26-Nov-05  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

steve

aye, over there it's seen as a decent job and they're pretty much all graduates.

have to agree with monkeybasket though, unless you speak the queens english it can get pretty frustrating and even a bit humiliating to be constantly having to repeat yourself.

Message 10/23             26-Nov-05  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

Rags

I have regular phone conferences with colleagues from India... and it is usually pretty frustrating, having a meeting via the shitty IP speakerphone with those guys.

The funny thing is that they have really good education, their spoken english can be much better than mine when it comes to grammar, but the accent (and their ability and desire to speak FAST) makes it almost impossible to understand...

But, still, I can magane somehow (non native englis speaker) via that damn speakerphone (sometimes it sounds like there's a fucking ohmboyz delay in it ),

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)