aaa good sampler for live use - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: good sampler for live use

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             09-Feb-06  @  12:35 PM   -   good sampler for live use

Jack

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Hey folks, I want to pick up a sampler for live use. I want to be able to set it up so that firing it up
will also start the samples to load. Basicly I want it to be easy as possible, so I don't have to
trouble shoot at the gig.
I was thinking maybe an Akai s-2000 or emu esi-2000 with a zip drive. Also a yamaha su-200
with a flash memory card might do the trick as well.
Anybody got some reccomendations for bullet proof and trouble free sampling.

Oh, btw, I'll be triggering samples off of a keyboard and maybe using a hardware sequencer.
Outputs and voices won't be an issue. I just wan't to have 10 or 20 samples up and ready to
play.

Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             09-Feb-06  @  02:55 PM   -   RE: good sampler for live use

k

s1000 kb version i'd say... cheap as chips nowadays, but not sure about SCSI being included (if you wanted a zip on it)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/11             09-Feb-06  @  09:48 PM   -   RE: good sampler for live use

milan

Link?: Link

"I want to be able to set it up so that firing it up
will also start the samples to load."

you mean on startup? the ESI wont do that. dunno if any others will?

Message 4/11             11-Feb-06  @  02:22 AM   -   RE: good sampler for live use

Jack

Yes, that's what I meant. I used to have an Akai s-20 that would start loading samples if you
powered it up wih a floppy in the disc drive. I thought maybe somehow that might work with a zip
drive. If not, I can press buttons to make it happen - should'nt be too complicated.
Thanks for the responses.

Message 5/11             11-Feb-06  @  11:18 AM   -   RE: good sampler for live use

steve

I guess you could track down an Akai S-Series with the flash ram expansion, could save you a lot of farting about with zips and that.

Message 6/11             13-Feb-06  @  02:42 AM   -   RE: good sampler for live use

Influx

milan...you sure the ESI won't? I thought I remembered the Emu's had autoload. If so, theyre definitely a good bet as theyre small, not too deep, and light. and CHEAP now too.

Message 7/11             13-Feb-06  @  04:58 AM     Edit: 13-Feb-06  |  05:00 AM   -   RE: good sampler for live use

S1GNALRUNNERS - Andrew

oops didnt read it completely

Message 8/11             13-Feb-06  @  06:24 AM   -   RE: good sampler for live use

Jack

It is completely insane now how cheap some gear is, not that I'm complaining. It makes me
wonder if this is a period similar to the 80's when analog synths were being practically given
away.
I'm attracted to the emu's because I've always heard they sounded so good. I'll check out the
autoload feature.

Message 9/11             13-Feb-06  @  09:25 AM   -   RE: good sampler for live use

k

It makes me wonder if this is a period similar to the 80's when analog synths were being practically given away.

yeah, it is, i reckon sooner or later there'll be a 'live hardware dance music' revival, it's gotta happen

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/11             13-Feb-06  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: good sampler for live use

milan

yo Influx!

well, MY esi never did that... dunno if theres a way to activate that function (if it has it?).

*shrug*

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)