aaa Q and uQ sound not same - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Q and uQ sound not same

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 11-Jul-02  @  04:28 PM   -   Q and uQ sound not same

Pongoid

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Not so long ago, a very beautiful and talented lady visited me, and brought her uQ along, and we compared patches, and even with all of the setting IDENTICAL from scratch, the sound quality of the two synths (QRack and uQ) are different. The micro tends to be hotter, and brighter, louder, but not as warm, deep and smooth as the Q. Different tools. People say same engines, but it's not. Different ranges and responses, I'm tellin ya. uQ kind of reminds of Nord's sound with a German twist. Big Q sounds like it's...itself. So anyhoos, there's a tidbit.

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/15             21-Jul-02  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: Q and uQ sound not same

Pongoid

Link?: Link

I sure enjoyed listening to the uQ's sound and sniffing out its capabilities. Pretty tough little unit for its size. Yup, good session. Still love my rack more, but the uQ has its place too. I wonder if the board sounds the same.

Ape

Message 12/15             22-Jul-02  @  11:21 PM   -   RE: Q and uQ sound not same

Errata

I've seen the timing drift you're talking about. But it's never effected the actual timing. If you go to the tempo screen it's bouncing around within 1 or 2 BPMs... but it SOUNDS solid!

i've actually been very impressed with the clock on the uQ... Quantization of arpegiation's is a must!

e

Message 13/15             02-Aug-02  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: Q and uQ sound not same

Drop

Link?:  No link

Wombles.

Message 14/15             07-Aug-02  @  08:23 AM   -   RE: Q and uQ sound not same

JX3P0

Link?:  Link

Got my uQ and loving it.Never heard the Q so
it's not a biggee to me.It sits very well w/ my
analogs.It's definitely not warm but i don't think
that any VA is as warm as the real deal.Has a
very in depth engine though.I just got mine
Friday so i'll let you know about any bugs or
lack thereof later.

JX3P0

Message 15/15             07-Aug-02  @  09:54 AM   -   RE: Q and uQ sound not same

milan

hehe... enjoy and welcome to the club!

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)