aaa how does it sound ? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: how does it sound ?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 28-Aug-04  @  03:39 PM   -   how does it sound ?

* compulsary

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

uploaded a track in hifi, called "flee" would like to know if you think it sounds ok. any pointers with the mix nicely appreciated.

warning: it is extremely repetitive (apart from the end break down), so if that makes you cringe, don't bother 'cause it'll annoy you for sure.

i thought maybe i should try to pan the mks "robo-laugh" around ?

xbase09
pro-one
mks-30

thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/19             16-Sep-04  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: how does it sound ?

nutoniom

Link?: Link

"only thing i don't like is the ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba baaaaaah"

lol !

so this phase thing, the kicks need to be precisely aligned, right ?

i must confess it's all a bit over me, i mean, it sounds fine here. i don't understand why it doesn't translate 'there'.

as an example, i remember first listening to maarten's disc and thinking "the low end is not right" then one night i came in properly pissed and cranked it to eleven. "blimey, it sounds georgous !!" so now, i just crank it up

in a live situation, is everything compressed ? i guess there's a part of me so accustomed to hearing music straight out of the amps and drums, dunno.

i mean the neighbors can feel the bloody kick !

am i lost between loud and defined ?

Message 12/19             16-Sep-04  @  05:18 PM   -   RE: how does it sound ?

beds

Link?:  Link

well, i grabbed the kick off the end of the track, it's god the loud thuddy part but not much below 60hz.

Message 13/19             17-Sep-04  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: how does it sound ?

nutoniom

yeah, been looking at my kicks and compared them to a couple samples of deep ones , a la fruity club_kick and the wave of mine is all garbled and uneven.

Message 14/19             17-Sep-04  @  04:01 PM   -   RE: how does it sound ?

nutoniom

oh and mcc, thanks for the listen man.

Message 15/19             18-Sep-04  @  06:50 AM   -   RE: how does it sound ?

urbicide

well, this is my fourth music track listen on DT tonight. I dig it so far. Sounds like
there should've been a buildup to get the the one second mark but it's still gravy.
You got a good element going but pulling the elements in and out would make it
more tasty. Put in a clap damn it!!!! My impression is second by second now...
303 type sound is developing. The kick is not actually pumping and pulling, thats a
edit. It's all false now! Timing is good. The 303 sound gets layered. its okay. all of
it.

Message 16/19             19-Sep-04  @  12:49 AM   -   RE: how does it sound ?

premini

Link?:  No link

Hey! the track is awesome!
I'd love to do a remix.

Message 17/19             21-Sep-04  @  01:29 PM   -   RE: how does it sound ?

nutoniom

wow, my first remix offer  

a little story.

i've been working in a bookstore for 15 years now and i'm familliar with a lot of authors and "know" of the existence or at least their output of many more. there is one particular author i had never read for various reasons: time, space, motive. a friend of mine whose studying at university was commenting on this author, and i was downright fascinated. so when the book came to me, i brought it home, found a spot on a shelf and left it there for the future.

we continued in the following months with my friend, our discussions about cultural stratas, reception and perception, ethno-linguistics, translation distortions et al. he comes back with the author and brings me to a full tilt on his case. going back home, i need to read it. so i look for it. can't find it. so i look at every shelf again. and again. after about an hour i'm starting to ask myself if i have dreamed the bringing home of the book. i sit and think, trying to visualize myself holding the book. no luck. after a few minutes of brain racking, i suddenly stand up and walk towards a book cabinet, open the glass door and there it is, between Bœhme's L'aurore naissante and Flammarion's reves etoiles. altho i have no strict order amongst my books, it shouldn't have been there. or so i thought.The aleph, by Jorge Luis Borges. talk about a gift

so in order to celebrate the anecdote , i'm all for a remix  

that is if you're not taking the piss, but listening to twisted man, you don't seem to.

drop me a mail through my page

Message 18/19             21-Sep-04  @  02:22 PM   -   RE: how does it sound ?

premini

Link?:  No link

Hey, i'm glad you like Twisted Man, and thank you for your trust.
How can we do? Can you upload the tracks somewhere?
I'm interested mostly in the synth parts.
Please mail me at mrotaveria@gmail.com
Bye.

Message 19/19             22-Sep-04  @  01:14 PM     Edit: 22-Sep-04  |  01:22 PM   -   RE: how does it sound ?

nutoniom

"How can we do? Can you upload the tracks somewhere?"

we'll be using dancetch's Projects facility, of course !

you'll find the projects section at the bottom of the drop down selector in you admin page.

i have added you, check it out

neat !

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)