aaa Total amateur! Help me setup! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Total amateur! Help me setup!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 25-Nov-03  @  05:50 PM   -   Total amateur! Help me setup!

Badmanspirits

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hope you don't mind providing a kind of idiots guide to setting up a studio but i'm trying to get into producing from DJing (drum'n'bass) and all the tech jargon's proving a bit of a brick wall. Everyone's raging about Cubase 5.0, Reason, Recycle etc, etc. What do I need first and what can I add on later as I get to know all the gear? Any help much appreciated and hey, talk to me like a 5 year old - I'm a total beginner. Cheers!
Badmanspirits@aol.com

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/25             23-Jan-04  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: Total amateur! Help me setup!

l

Link?:  No link

sorry mark i forgot. ur last purchase should be some kind of groove box ie yamaha rm1x or roland groove sampler or even the new korg groove machines, because they will give u some good drun n bass midi file templates and its a reall good starting point, and u can pick them up cheep ie £139-to-£500+. n lasy of all there are alot of books out there on all this look on the www.futuremusic.com web site plus the have good tutorials as well. good luck

Message 22/25             23-Jan-04  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: Total amateur! Help me setup!

craig

Link?: Link

Are you for real?

Message 23/25             23-Jan-04  @  04:17 PM     Edit: 23-Jan-04  |  04:25 PM   -   RE: Total amateur! Help me setup!

dARKSTATe

No disrespect to Macs at all, but that's pretty narrow-minded tunnel vision advice ain't it?

FACT of the matter is, PCs are a viable (AND MORE COST EFFECTIVE) means on which to run your DAW of choice and to come in here banging on about go mac only, "PCs belong in an office etc."

[yawn]

..more "my computer is better than your computer" blather which is getting pretty boring now... Its obvious you've had good results with your mac system.. bravo mate.. I'm happy for you and now everyone else knows too.. There's mac heads and PC heads and linux heads and hardware heads and Atari ST heads and Amiga heads alike here, you're not impressing anyone.. (whether that's your intention or not)

Message 24/25             23-Jan-04  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: Total amateur! Help me setup!

milan

too much sugar i think...

Message 25/25             24-Jan-04  @  11:37 AM   -   RE: Total amateur! Help me setup!

k

Link?:  No link

lol

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)