aaa E5000 - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: E5000

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 27-Nov-99  @  06:39 AM   -   E5000

Timo.Kiviniemi

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Now there's been couple of weeks since Emu announced the new machine but has anyone bought it yet?
I sold my A3000 so I can buy E5000 but should I just buy the beast or wait some review?
Any comments

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/26             17-Dec-99  @  12:47 PM   -   RE: E5000

R-Tek

Link?:  No link

Yeah, I`m using balanced, thanks anyway - that whole charade hasn`t stopped me from loving my e-mu though - those filters! Man, there is evil lurking in them kiddies, I have no qualms sampling my analogue synths cos the e-mu just seems 2 make it sound better........god knows why, but it does.

Message 22/26             17-Dec-99  @  03:06 PM   -   RE: E5000

k

heh heh - yes - e-mu roool - also they are so well made and reliable - my emax has been going for ten years without a glitch and i bought it s/h - wait for it - for 1300 quid s/h !!! - with a flightcase, it's done outdoor gigs, even with rain.... heh heh - solid !! - i think what it is with e-mu, they are owned by a bunch of LA ex-hippies & dope heads - you can tell that from early manuals - what other sampler manufacturer has a function built into the sampler where a little LCD emu runs across the screen - to test for "ww-global re-alignment and positioning", or some such joke function !! - heh heh - also, in the manual where it is talking about taking care of the e-max it says - "don't drop from heights" - and shows a cartoon of the sampler falling out of the back of an aircraft cargo-door - where it says - "don't allow the unit to get hot", it shows an egg frying on top of the sampler - and where it talks about formatting or some other function - it says: "this can take some time - you could call out for pizza!!!"
ha ha

Message 23/26             19-Dec-99  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: E5000

Lyrebird

i'm not sure about this but is the E5000 expandable to ultra specs

Message 24/26             19-Dec-99  @  09:32 PM   -   RE: E5000

fvicente

Hi Lyrebird,

The E5000 *is* an Ultra. It runs the exact same OS as the its big brothers. The only differences are:

- 64 voice polyphony max (the others can be expanded with a card to 128 voices)
- 4 balanced outputs instead of 8
- 5 internal slots instead of 7
- LCD is green rather than blue

Everything else is the same. There are 3 external expansion slots just like the others (you can add 8 more balanced outputs to give you 12 max). All of the regular Ultra options are compatible.

I am picking up my E5000 Ultra this week. I've had it on order and have a E4XT (non ultra) on loan at the moment. The way I saw it, I've got a digital mixer so I'll be getting the adat option. The outputs won't make a difference to me here now. If I want to go to 128 voices, I'll buy a second E5000 since the price will only be a few more hundred dollars than getting an E6400 Ultra and the polyphony option. As well, I'll have a backup unit then too :-)

For me it made complete sense to go with the E5000. For others it won't.

Hope this clears things up.

Fernando

Message 25/26             27-Dec-99  @  10:40 PM   -   RE: E5000

wai

I'm selling a mint Ultra if anyone's intersted. 8 MTH's old with 32 meg, e synth rom, 20 sample cd's.
B4 you ask why i'm selling it, it's because i had one stolen, and since my insurance company took so long, bought another one, and now they have come to a decision to replace my EMU, so i'll have 2 if i don't sell it.

Message 26/26             14-Jan-00  @  02:29 AM   -   RE: E5000

opus636

Link?: Link

i want to know are the Z-plane filters the same as the Morpheus ??? for the 5000???

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)