aaa Thinking of getting a "real analog" - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Thinking of getting a "real analog"

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 23-Jul-02  @  08:11 AM   -   Thinking of getting a

djjessex

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Weve got a few anamods ( modelers ) in the studio but we were thinking of getting a real analog soon. Ive done some research and there looks like a lot of kool synths out there t o choose from. But the price has to be realistic. I have narrowed it down to a few and was wondering if anyone out there had anything to say about these choices.

Arp Odyssey III
Korg MS-20
Korg Mono Poly
Roland Juno 106
Prophet 5

If scoped them out on ebay for around 400-800

Any feedback would be apreciated

JesseX

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/29             06-Sep-02  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: Thinking of getting a

influx

Link?: Link

still overpriced those guys shit.

Message 22/29             07-Sep-02  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: Thinking of getting a

Pongoid

yeah, Studio Electronics do sound pretty good, but their old stuff was steppy, and they are not well priced at all for what you get. Come on, a mono-synth, with a couple different filter types for $1400. I realise it's a guy out if his garage, but still, dude. Drop the prices and sell more. He's not using all vintage components, just similar circuit designs, and the parts are not THAT expensive. The most expensive individual parts of those boxes are probably the power supplies.

Ape

Message 23/29             10-Sep-02  @  02:33 PM     Edit: 10-Sep-02  |  02:35 PM   -   RE: Thinking of getting a

Maarten

Ahem, not the "X" version but pretty ok nevertheless

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=905221923

If I had the ca$h now I just might have...

Message 24/29             11-Sep-02  @  04:20 AM   -   RE: Thinking of getting a

brett

back in the day, the ATC-1 was 1000, and the filters were 300 each. xpander!!!!!!!!!!!!! wish i had one now.

Message 25/29             12-Sep-02  @  08:25 AM   -   RE: Thinking of getting a

djjessex

you gotta pay for da real shit dog! I want my oscillators to purrrrrr. And I want my ear drums to bleed and my stomach to ache when that bass hits me. Then again Ive been known to curl up next to a speaker stack and go to sleep at a all night rave.

huh? what did ya say?

Message 26/29             17-Sep-02  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: Thinking of getting a

JX3P0

Link?:  Link

Everybody get your knobs on.Damn you could
buy four monosynths for that price if you don't
need patching capabilities.My boy has an
ATC-1 as impressive as it sounds the
membrane crap reminds me of a DX-7.

Message 27/29             22-Sep-02  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: Thinking of getting a

Brett

but remember most of the big bass tracks we hear are running through a subharmonic synth that is being limited and mixed under it. trust me. listen to a song that has huge lowend and you will start to realize how all of the of the parts in the song add somthing to the low end, sweeps toms, and even strings and vocals somtimes give off bass artifacts. it's a dead give away.

Message 28/29             22-Sep-02  @  12:56 PM   -   RE: Thinking of getting a

k

i suppose one great thing about all this super hard-disk stuff is you no longer need to worry about midi sync... you can run arps and play live parts and just record & loop them.

Message 29/29             26-Sep-02  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: Thinking of getting a

brett

i know, i would hate to be messing with a click track and sync boxes.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)