aaa A new "vote yourself to the top" - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: A new "vote yourself to the top"

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

Original Message                 Date: 26-Feb-02  @  08:37 PM   -   A new

influx

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

"Listen to the rythmic chaotic instrument. A distant square is playing notes, a sequence from correct notes to totally insane others. A melodic base, always playing the perfect notes, no error at all, adding even more contradiction to the music. A melody, based on a sawtooth pad, is trying to play the better possible but some weird notes occur because the rythm is making all insane because its duality of perfect rythm but a terrbly chaotic pitch. A man (priest) saying "we all here are towards the grave" makes that sort of broken satanic nintendo even more scary. A kickdrum, which adds necesary emotion to the scene, but only used on strategic points followed by a groovy house hihat patterns, finally the song vanish. Only that odd rythm is there, laughing at you, he absorbed all remaining patterns, like a dark hole. ---------------------------------------------------- Unfortunately there's no photographic registry of the console. "

NINTENDO? WHAT THE FUCK?

my man...you might be taking yourself just a LITTLE too seriously

better start voting EVERY DAY so you can see your name at the top of the shit hot DT chart!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/88             28-Feb-02  @  01:43 AM   -   RE: A new

sitar

Brett, I'm listening to Spores. Good track. You have nice syncopations going throughout. Good sounds and it all keeps interesting. Well done track. Good luck with the track you're sending off to Sony. So many differing styles here at DT.

Sunshine in the Rain. This is a nice track too. Nice feel to it. You definately have some excellent production going on your tracks. I likey. I don't know about where it almost comes to a sonic halt at about 3:00, but hey. Excellent track though.

Message 22/88             28-Feb-02  @  02:32 PM   -   RE: A new

Frostbyte

sure is nice, but i miss the grit. It's too "nice". But i guess you need that if you want to work in Big Studios. Good luck.

and disregard my comment alltogether, i'm just an ageing punk  

Message 23/88             28-Feb-02  @  06:22 PM   -   RE: A new

cloud nine

Link?:  No link

HEY MEGAHEAD, I DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD ANY FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 24/88             28-Feb-02  @  09:32 PM   -   RE: A new

Brett B

Sitar, there is goign to be a new vocal that comes in on that break. I just haven't recorded it yet. My studio is boxed up. All I have is Reason. Should be back on line this week and the mic will be ordered. A nice studio projects c1-only $229, and every review gave it major comparison to the u87 and said for vocals it sounds spot on! So hopfully I can get some good quality tracks out of it. I may have to experiment with the rooms and placement a bit.

Message 25/88             28-Feb-02  @  11:53 PM   -   RE: A new

Barry '3 nipples' Rafferty,lawyer of top lad Steve

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

I am here.

My client has instructed me to inform you that you now have 30 days to completely cease use of the hallowed 3 note melody (U.S. patent pending). Failure to adhere to these instructions will leave us with no other option than to commence court proceedings.

Good day to you.

Message 26/88             01-Mar-02  @  04:06 AM   -   RE: A new

spyro

Link?: Link

WoW! three nipples?? Amazing!!

And please, influx, don't be silly man, I didn't bothered you at all, in fact I did vote for you some times, so why are you doing this??

I'm not hyenas, I'm not Megahead so leave me alone man! I'm just doing music, dedicated to it, no more, no less.

BTW: The track is just finished, is called "Chaotic perfection", and is here if you want to hear it:

http://www.shockinsider.com/spyro/cp.htm

Message 27/88             01-Mar-02  @  04:57 AM   -   RE: A new

Brett B

no i don't have the mpg-80, i use the sysex codes for the parameters programed into the remote banks on my o1v. so i have full hands on control of all the realtime stuff i need.

as for the juno, don't touch since i got reason. No "Reason" to....

Reason has a great limiter on it written into the software, so everything comes out sounding so smooth and tight and loud, and everything is so in tune.

I honestly couldn't get this quality out of my older gear.

If i go live, I will use a Virus down the road to dial up similar sounds. And since the midi is all there in Reason, I just export it over to what ever sequencer I need to use.

Message 28/88             01-Mar-02  @  05:55 AM   -   RE: A new

Frostbyte

My god it's ugly. I can't believe you hate me that much. I was expecting a well manered, saville row clad beefcake, with a slight inclination for bondage and Compton-Burnett.

nb: don't mind the 3 nipples tho'  

Does the sysex clog the midi data ? (just curious as i have no intentions to rack my brain with it anytime soon, but was under impression cc's were more efficient traffic wise)

I think i'll be able to muscle my way up for "Best overall shit talker"

Message 29/88             01-Mar-02  @  06:08 AM   -   RE: A new

influx

why? because you stated that you vote for your own tracks "every day" and I saw that you had a new one up, so I figured give it a week or so and itll climb to the top

I just thought that whole thing was sort of like OTHER voting systems, where OBSERVERS or LISTENERS vote

imagine if politicians could vote for themselves as much as they want. STILL pointless cuz it doesnt prove anything!

you are right, though, it is QUITE silly of me to even notice, but it just bugs me

but wait..what is the difference between you and hyenas? you guys do the same thing, right? they just have more tracks that they think are hot shit

Message 30/88             01-Mar-02  @  06:16 AM   -   RE: A new

Frostbyte

if voting could change something, it would be illegal. besides, all charts are manipulated. extensively

who is you?

I'm confused, fat churro time  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

There are 88 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)